The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Cutting up....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Bonez- Now that steak has my mouth watering. And a early Happy Birthday to ya..

Why do you want to change the wacker head if you haven't even ran out the 1st load of string ?
I think the Speed Feed would fit your Redmax threads, but if the spacer is correct, IDK.
Well, to remove the spool you have to squeeze 2 tabs and the ring with the spool pops off, then you remove the spool to wind it, then pop back in and go... just laziness I guess but I hate when you wind the spool then end up dropping it trying to get it in the ring or the body ( B O I N GGGGGGGGG) there it goes, unraveled and all... I really hate winding spools, especially with gloves on or having to take them off only to put them on again. Would be nice to just thread it , a few twists and gone again. I used the trimmer again to trim along the curb and knock brush back, had to bump twice doing the curb but also had to open the head twice, the string tends to be catching on itself and not feeding ( its the twisted looking line ) so Im not real happy with that issue ( may have to go to a smooth line ? ) or just install a circular saw blade and kill everything in my path...lol

And thank you for the Birthday acknowledgement !
Old 05-09-2020, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bonez
Well, to remove the spool you have to squeeze 2 tabs and the ring with the spool pops off, then you remove the spool to wind it, then pop back in and go... just laziness I guess but I hate when you wind the spool then end up dropping it trying to get it in the ring or the body ( B O I N GGGGGGGGG) there it goes, unraveled and all... That is a pain. You need a Speed Feed 400 head. I really hate winding spools, I used to too. especially with gloves on or having to take them off only to put them on again. Agreed. Would be nice to just thread it , a few twists and gone again. Yep, that is the ticket. I used the trimmer again to trim along the curb and knock brush back, had to bump twice doing the curb but also had to open the head twice, the string tends to be catching on itself and not feeding ( its the twisted looking line ) Are you sure the line is not welding itself together, from heat. I had that issue on some discount brand of string. Once I upgraded, that was gone. so Im not real happy with that issue ( may have to go to a smooth line ? ) or just install a circular saw blade and kill everything in my path...lol There ya go.

And thank you for the Birthday acknowledgement !

Old 05-09-2020, 10:17 PM

Nope not welding itself or anything, not even any friction marks ( I know what you mean, Ive had some do it before ) this is redmax brand line its just the twists tend to line up and interlock themselves in the spool preventing the line from feeding, never had twist lines do this before so its odd that it is, that was my first thought that the line was welding or I was out... nope still almost full. Next time Ill take a picture of what its doing. I think it may be that the line wasn't wound tight or maybe too tight or criss crossed instead of straight? I didn't observe it too closely since I was on a slope. But I have to say... still loving this Z and the new trimmer ( guess its an old person thing..LOL )

Old 05-09-2020, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

Nope not welding itself or anything, not even any friction marks ( I know what you mean, Ive had some do it before ) OK, can rule that out then. this is redmax brand line That's good quality then. its just the twists tend to line up and interlock themselves in the spool preventing the line from feeding, never had twist lines do this before so its odd that it is, I agree, my last 1/2 lb donut of line was Echo & twisted line. never any issues. was that was my first thought that the line was welding or I was out... nope still almost full. Interesting. Next time Ill take a picture of what its doing. Sounds good. I think it may be that the line wasn't wound tight or maybe too tight or criss crossed instead of straight? Maybe, I sometimes spray my line on the spool with some aerosol lubricant. I didn't observe it too closely since I was on a slope. I hear that. But I have to say... still loving this Z and the new trimmer ( guess its an old person thing..LOL ) Yea it is for me, I know that, you are still a young buck. LOL

Old 05-10-2020, 01:35 AM

not so sure... Rollin up on 52 here lol
Old 05-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

not so sure... Rollin up on 52 here lol
Congrats on that. Talk to me about it in approx 13 more years..
Old 05-10-2020, 11:10 PM

Congrats on that. Talk to me about it in approx 13 more years..
If I remember...lol
Git down in the creek again to clear out the rest of the over growth I couldn't reach, a neighbor lent me his pole saw. A lot more open to view now.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

If I remember...lol
Git down in the creek again to clear out the rest of the over growth I couldn't reach, a neighbor lent me his pole saw. A lot more open to view now.
If I remember also.. LOL What was the question again ?

You been busy, looks good. Having a neighbor that has tools I don't have is a definite plus. But my neighbors stuff generally needs me to repair them before I can use them. LOL
Old 05-11-2020, 07:25 AM

If I remember also.. LOL What was the question again ?
. But my neighbors stuff generally needs me to repair them before I can use them. LOL
Funny you say that, I had to fix the pole saw too, blade was backwards and loose. Cut the couple of branches and took it back. Thanked him again and chatted a bit... still meeting neighbors I haven't met.
They are all loving the view, most of the wives walk their kids by here to see the fish and now that it is opened up more when the sun shines down there you can see them really well. Not sure what they are ( I might wet a line and see what I catch, some are pretty big. When it storms this thing rushes and surprised the fish are still there. Bad thing is the current coming through that bridge is washing out the back side there further into the yard so Im trying to find free rip rap to dump there and give it a nice look by lining the creek.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Funny you say that, I had to fix the pole saw too, Maybe he is related to my neighbor.. LOL blade was backwards and loose. Excellent, a true sign of a knowledgeable dude. Cut the couple of branches and took it back. Got your cutting done, that's a plus. Thanked him again and chatted a bit... still meeting neighbors I haven't met. I hear ya, I try & get along w/all. Unless they don't wanna.
They are all loving the view, I bet. most of the wives walk their kids by here to see the fish and now that it is opened up more when the sun shines down there you can see them really well. That is cool. Not sure what they are ( I might wet a line and see what I catch, some are pretty big. Ur making me hungry. Waddya think they are ? When it storms this thing rushes and surprised the fish are still there. Yes I agree. Bad thing is the current coming through that bridge is washing out the back side there further into the yard Not good. so Im trying to find free rip rap to dump there and give it a nice look by lining the creek. That would do it, even broken concrete from sidewalks & etc, you'll get it secured. That erosion can really do some damage.
😷

Quick Reply: Cutting up....