The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Driver's side: HHR in a class of its own

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I guess every ins. is different
yep, I live in Indiana and my ins classifies it as a 4 dr sedan.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:03 AM

In FLA it is considered a truck as well, on the insurance card (allstate) it says TRK. That is the only reason I can come up with why FULL coverage is only $632.00 for the ENTIRE year!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:11 AM

wow thats cheap.i'm paying like $1200 for the year.Thats progressive..
Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 AM

My insurance was going to be 1100 every six months (cheapest I found, I'm only 20) but I went ahead and kept my old car and they put that as my primary and i just pay 500 ontop of what I was paying. Comes out to like 750 every six months for 2 cars.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Anybody know what it is classified in New Jersey? It came up in a converstion yesterday.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 AM

Hmmm... My insurance card (AllState) says "TRK" too. (in Ohio) Also, my insurance went down due to the side curtain air bags.
Didn't think much of that extra option (good or bad) at the time I purchased my HHR but now I'm glad I have them. :)
Old 02-05-2006, 09:47 AM

AllState in TX classifies it as a light truck as well.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:20 PM

I have a few problems with the article, especially in the section about what buyer might not like.

Anti-lock brakes: Like a lot of vehicles, they are not standard. Even in vehicles like the Impala, Monte Carlo, and Cobalt, the HHR is no different. Some people do not want them. Honestly anti-lock brakes are great, but some people just dont want them and want to save money. I have even been told by customers they are afraid of anti-lock brakes, because they dont feel secure when the brakes pulse. That's how they work, but alot of people are set in their ways.

Ipod Jack: Its not like only the HHR has an Ipod Jack. The Monte Carlo and Impala have the same radio. Its the new "Black Tie" radio. And the same radio just came out in the new 2007 Tahoe. It will now be the standard radio in all upcomming Chevys as well as a lot of GM vehicles. so to say Chevy is saving money by not including anti-lock brakes, but include an Ipod Jack is ridiculous. Its just that the radio comes with that feature. But here's something to look outside of the box. That jack can be used for a lot of things. Hook up a walkman for those who have a ton of cassettes. Hook up a portable DVD player for those long trips, Hook up XM or Sirius Hand-held portable units. As long as it has a headphone jack you cna hook it up.

$1000 remote start: That is simply wrong. You are not paying $1000 for a remote start. Its the combination of Automatic transmission with remote start. To add Automatic to a Cobalt is $800. So if is the same thing in the HHR. Then you are only paying $200 for a remote start. And for those people who have installed a good remote start in another vehicle, $200 is a good price. And with the HHR using the Passlock+ anti-theft, you do not need to buy a bypass. Having it from the factory, allows for the HHR to use its anti-theft in conjunction with the remote start and opposed to bypassing it. This same feature is also available for the Impala, MonteCarlo, Malibu, Malibu Maxx and the new Tahoe. I used to be an installer at Circuit City before I became a car salesman. Remote starts in GM vehicles suck to install, thus we would charge for extra labor accordingly. Especially in TrailBlazers and Envoys. We wouldnt even touch those vehicles because of the liability. So to have a factory remote start that totally works with the vehicle is a bonus!!

Am I wrong here?
Old 02-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Oh and the guy must not have driven the 2.4L engine. Sounds like he was driving the 2.2L. At least he admitted it had more pick up that what he expected. Its the same thing I say when someone is only looking at a book about the HHR's Horsepower. With the 2.4L I always say that If i didnt tell them it was a 4cyl, they would think its a V6. I also own an Equinox, and my HHR is just as quick
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by batman5273
Oh and the guy must not have driven the 2.4L engine. Sounds like he was driving the 2.2L. At least he admitted it had more pick up that what he expected. Its the same thing I say when someone is only looking at a book about the HHR's Horsepower. With the 2.4L I always say that If i didnt tell them it was a 4cyl, they would think its a V6. I also own an Equinox, and my HHR is just as quick
Interesting that you would say that after what I was reading last night. I was online researching an Equinox for my wife(later this summer). The reviewers were talking about the spirited performance of the v-6 so I looked up the performance data. Much to my surprise the 0-60 times were actually a couple of tenths slower the the times Car & Driver posted for the 2.4 HHR. I still don't understand why so many reviewers have blasted the HHR in the performance area. I drove several HHR's before I ordered mine and thought both engines were very quick for 4 cylinder engines. I opted for the 2.4 with the 2lt package. It's been ordered for over three weeks so I am hoping to hear some new information soon. One other thing for Craig, what is your honest opinion of the equinox? My wife really likes the looks.

Quick Reply: Driver's side: HHR in a class of its own