The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dumba$$ kids...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep

Not my place to interfere, .
If a child is being abused, it is your place to interfere.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
Indeed. There's a difference between abuse and discipline. Some parents don't know where the line is. If the child is in fear, always down and nervous, there's a good chance that it's abuse. I've witnessed it first hand.

If you see this **** happening, it is your obligation to step in. You don't have to directly confront the parent, but call social services or the DHS. Kids should not have to be the subject of their parents' revenge for their misfortune when they were children.

Sorry, this issue really is infuriating, but most of all just sad
Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 AM

The only reason I didn't call the cops is because I didn't want to risk those idiots falling off the roof and then me having to deal with it while I was waiting.

I considered getting into my car and following them home to have a chat with their parents, but I was on the clock and had to get back to work.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
True, it is since he was raised in a climate of fear and wants to perpetuate such for the next generation. So I was mulling over getting involved when he was sent to sea for six months. Then they moved, so I have no contact with him now. I hope he wises up.

So yes it is time to intervene when abuse is spotted, but whose to say what is discipline and what is abuse? Since I only saw the frightened child and hear the dad speak loud and cower the kid BUT never see the spanking or more that caused the child's fear, I was in a bit of a quandary. he dad admitted to me he disciplines the child and hits him as much as his dad did to him, but since it was Biblical in his mind it was right?? I got all sorts of confused since he threw in his religious beliefs. Thankfully he goes out to sea a lot.

Don't go at me on the religion aspect, I'm just reporting what he said.......... God can be used for abuse. Religion is a two edged sword for sure.