The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Fliers,Busness cards, effective tools ???
Have you given out fliers? Business cards?
59.62%
Any replies?
15.38%
Did you receive a flier, business card?
11.54%
Waste of time?
42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Are Fliers effective?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 AM

Are Fliers effective?

Just thinking, I`ve given out a lot of fliers, only one reply (Z-Man).
Did anyone get a flier and respond?
Have you given out fliers, any responses?
Do they seem to be a waste of time?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
jx3

Unless you can hand the flier to the person, I don't see much point in it. I'm sure I'm in the majority and don't even bother reading anything put on my windshield in a public parking lot. Not to mention all the rental HHRs that are out there, most of those drivers don't care what they are driving much less knowing what it is.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:31 AM

I had cards made up... placed them on drivers door window whenever i see one at Costco or wherever i'm at... but have seen no replies, My boyfriend acccuses me of tagging or stalking HHR owners cuz i go out of my way to place the cards sometimes LOL
Old 10-23-2006, 10:43 AM

I have handed several out and my boyfriend and a friend of mine have put them on a few HHR's and no response. I think they are a viable tool, but probably need to be handed to a person, rather than just stuck on their car.

Have also given some to a couple Chevrolet dealers in town and they give them to HHR customers, but no response so far that I know of. Maybe alot of people don't have internet access...imagine that.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Maybe alot of people don't have internet access...imagine that.
I guess it's possible. I was amazed to find out people are still using dial up.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 AM

I handed out fliers to the August run and the responses included Deerman, Father57 and Nson all good friends and event participants, the ratio of flyers to responses isn't that high, but it is what you expect for unsolicited direct type mail, it is just another weapon in the arsenal, combine that with forums. e-mail, magazine coverage, local and regional television and radio and you begin to get your message out, plus you figure that you have more members puting out flyers and talking to people every event so your success ratio will improve...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Maybe alot of people don't have internet access...imagine that.
My wife's boss just got the internet hooked up at home last Friday. She had nothing before that.

I go into a panic if I can't get online
Old 10-26-2006, 11:05 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
I had cards made up... placed them on drivers door window whenever i see one at Costco or wherever i'm at... but have seen no replies, My boyfriend acccuses me of tagging or stalking HHR owners cuz i go out of my way to place the cards sometimes LOL

I do that too. I placed mini-posters just under the driver's side wiper facing the driver, should they get in and then notice the colour-side of the flyer.... and the first words you see clearly are MODESTO HHR CLUB.

I like to think because of those I get first-time hits to the website.

I see quite a few at Costco when we go there, but their (Costco) rules say we can 'solicit' or hand out flyers/advertising on their lot... so I don't do it.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I guess it's possible. I was amazed to find out people are still using dial up.
I use dialup when I'm at my boyfriends. He doesn't do computers and I'm not gonna pay for high speed in two places...gets expensive when I'm only there a couple days a week.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 AM

Fliers, Business Cards !!!!!!

Originally Posted by modestohhrclub
I do that too. I placed mini-posters just under the driver's side wiper facing the driver, should they get in and then notice the colour-side of the flyer.... and the first words you see clearly are MODESTO HHR CLUB.

I like to think because of those I get first-time hits to the website.

I see quite a few at Costco when we go there, but their (Costco) rules say we can 'solicit' or hand out flyers/advertising on their lot... so I don't do it.
Have you received any replies, that`s the question.
How did this turn into a (what kind of internet do you use ? ) thread?

Quick Reply: Are Fliers effective?