The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

How do you Nascar fans feel about ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:18 PM

You couldnt pay me to watch a Nascar fallow the leader.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM

Yep, could care less.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Gone are the real days of racing. Figure 8 tracks, burning rubber, kids cheering for their Dads in their souped up family cars, minis/midget, modifieds, stockers, and even the Joie Chitwood thrill shows and the like.

NASCAR is just like one long commercial.

Joie Chitwood: (Even mentions Islip Speedway where I used to go with my Dad. By the way Islip Speedway hosted six NASCAR races from 1964 to 1971. That was the real NASCAR then.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joie_Chitwood
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM

I AM a NASCAR fan ! I don't care for ball sports Base, Foot or Basket. No Golf
It is not world wide like the ball they play is other places around the world. But NASCAR is the No. 1 spectator sport with more of the top 20 highest-attended sporting events in the U.S. than any other sport -- and is the No. 2 rated regular-season sport on television. NASCAR races are broadcast in more than 150 countries and in 20 languages. NASCAR fans are the most brand loyal in all of sports, and as a result more Fortune 500 companies participate in NASCAR than any other sport. Somebody must be watching!

No other sport follows the ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR ! What was the basket ball thing all about ?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:39 PM

WHY?????
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 PM

I don't watch any sports. Probably goes back to my childhood when there wasn't enough room in the den to watch football on Thanksgiving with all my cousins at my Aunts house and I had to sit in the living room with all the Aunts and have Aunt Minnie & Aunt Go-goo (yes-that's what they were called, Old Norwegian Stock women) pinch my cheeks and say what a wonderful young man I was.....

Anyway, to each his own. Some enjoy paying into the full cup of financial sports, I only see my empty cup. We are still paying for a baseball stadium in my taxes that I cannot afford to go to let alone buy one of the hotdogs there.... Here's another dollar for you Citicorp...
Old 02-25-2012, 11:48 PM

Yup..Nascar is still the only sport that requires the use of 2 balls ( am also not into 1 ball sports).....cant do front wheel cars...no one makes a v8 tranny for it...these are no longer production type (like the old days) cars as they are now purpose built vehicles,,but at least they are still built out of mostly over the counter parts that anybody can buy..unlike Indy where alot of the parts are one off custom built parts from materials only rocket scientists can aquire
Old 02-26-2012, 08:17 AM

The fuel injection used in the NASCAR at Daytona is different from fuel injection used on stock cars. I'm unsure how/why a restrictor plate is used. NASCAR just swapped out a carburator with a fuel injector. If they want to control the speed of NASCAR, have the race cars use a V6 engines. The NASCAR cars are all identical with different stickers on them. The race is like watching a freight train going by at 186 mph.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Sounds like they are going with the old CFI system.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Old Lar
The fuel injection used in the NASCAR at Daytona is different from fuel injection used on stock cars. I'm unsure how/why a restrictor plate is used. NASCAR just swapped out a carburator with a fuel injector. If they want to control the speed of NASCAR, have the race cars use a V6 engines. The NASCAR cars are all identical with different stickers on them. The race is like watching a freight train going by at 186 mph.
I believe their logic may be to make it a 'drivers race' instead of old days with cheating as much as you could..

I like roundy-round, & 1/4 mile at a time.. It's all good here..

Quick Reply: How do you Nascar fans feel about ....