The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I got my second ticket in my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I had one tint ticket - I'll never have another.

I don't tint the fronts anymore...
Airbags now...that's a DIFFERENT story!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:59 PM

i have never had any tint tickets, cavi and sentra have 20 all they way around. the HHR is going to get the same, well on the fronts and windshield. that would suck so bad to have to have the tint peeled off.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM

That is crazy! Here where I live you can have 80 on the back and 60 on the front, which is what my HHR has, but my Maxima has limo all the way around, and nothing for the last 4 years it has been on, and yes I drive around town,where the cops are but here the bigger issue is the radios.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

I guess it's not that bad if I'm only going to get one every like ten years. I'm not going to take my tint off or anything. I'll just pay the fine and keep the tint for now. If getting tint tickets becomes a regular thing or they make a tint check part of our inspection then I might reconsider. But for now I'm not going to sweat it because I have had pretty good lucky so far.

Last edited by captain howdy; 04-09-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:36 PM

In Cali it's a "fix-it' ticket; i.e., you don't get fined, but have to take your car down with the tint taken off to have it "signed off."

PITB because a) you have to remove the tint, and b) go down to the local law enforcement agency to get it signed off.

Not for me - nope, never again.
I wear sunglasses more now anyway.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

In NY they don't let you get tint tickets signed off. If you get the ticket you pay for it regardless if you have the tint removed. They consider that you violated the law in putting it on so you have to pay. All of the tint places around here put a little disclaimer right on their receipt. If it is something like a bulb out or a cracked windshield they let you get it signed off but not things that are non oem that you added. The only thing I would do by removing my tint would be avoid future tickets.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:19 PM

Fight the power!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:23 PM

I would fight it based on the fact that you were stoped at a check point.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Founding Member

Can you challange the accuracy of the meter being used?
When was it last calibrated?
Can the officer show a calabration certificate?
Was the test performed during the daylight or evening? How does that effect the test?
I think I would challange the certificate of calibration issue in hopes the offier diden't show up and your case gets dismissed. Good luck.

Always challange authourity!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Can you challange the accuracy of the meter being used?
When was it last calibrated?
Can the officer show a calabration certificate?
Was the test performed during the daylight or evening? How does that effect the test?
I think I would challange the certificate of calibration issue in hopes the offier diden't show up and your case gets dismissed. Good luck.

Always challange authourity!
Thanks for the idea. I have heard of that being used for breathalizers so maybe it will work for tint meters. If I lose or say I'm guilty I think it is a $50 fine and a $25 surcharge so it's not that bad. But then again the last time I paid one it was like ten years ago so maybe it's went up.

Quick Reply: I got my second ticket in my HHR