The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

music !

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
CH::: just got the Fort Minor cd... I really like it. I like Mike Shinoda's sound as well as Linkin Park's stuff. Bought the LP/JayZ CD too but only like a couple songs on there. LP has a very unique sound. no matter what song is on the radio you can hear the diff. Like Chester's voice and the way Mike "flows"
Definitely! I can't stand how LP gets grouped into the whole nu-metal scene when they are so much more! Their sound is pure digital perfection to me. Their music is so different and deep on so many levels. Not to mention Mike Shinoda is one of the greatest lyricist and MCs ever. Every member of LP is talented beyond belief. Have you checked their website lately? It's under construction so in the meantime they are playing the entire live in Texas DVD, all their music videos, making of specials, and their on MTV2 2 dollar bill concert.

Last edited by captain howdy; 09-13-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:23 PM

NICE! I will def check when I get home! Stupid work firewall! I always wondered why to guitarist always wears those Headphones like he just got done at the firing range? and not to mention I think Mr Hahn is one of the best DJ's in a while... at least since House of Pain.. HAHAHA!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

CH::: just got the Fort Minor cd... I really like it.
I forgot to mention the track Kenji sends a chill through my spine every time I hear it. That song is so powerful it just floors me.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Banned

Hell well I'm on the west coast hip hop I have to mention Styles Of Beyond. I think they are one of the best west coast acts next to the Kottonmouth Kings (and the whole Suburan Noize crew).
Old 09-14-2006, 09:26 AM

Always been a fan of the "old school" rap/hippity hop... stuff like Pharcyde!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned

Always been a fan of the "old school" rap/hippity hop... stuff like Pharcyde!
I got to see Pharcyde once. Opening for Korn of all people.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM

Can't wait to get my sub installed so I can crank up my collection of Gorillaz, chemical brothers and Prodigy :)
Old 09-14-2006, 11:04 AM

The new MUSE cd is really good too! "Knights of Cydonia" or whatever its called sounds AWESOME! Opening of the song makes it seem like my windows will blow out. Can definately go deaf listening to that song. Or the "...and Justice for All" cd...2 of my faves to crank. What the heck was Pharcyde opening for Korn for?! Thats just plain weird. Speaking of Korn I LOVE the HR Geiger Mic stand that John had made. Awesome piece for concerts and such. Wish I could get a custom HR Geiger Fiberglass Sub Enlcosure or dash or even a nice paint job... that would be rad!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned

The new MUSE cd is really good too! "Knights of Cydonia" or whatever its called sounds AWESOME! Opening of the song makes it seem like my windows will blow out. Can definately go deaf listening to that song. Or the "...and Justice for All" cd...2 of my faves to crank. What the heck was Pharcyde opening for Korn for?! Thats just plain weird. Speaking of Korn I LOVE the HR Geiger Mic stand that John had made. Awesome piece for concerts and such. Wish I could get a custom HR Geiger Fiberglass Sub Enlcosure or dash or even a nice paint job... that would be rad!
I've never heard MUSE, I'll have to check them out. I though Pharcyde opening for Korn was pretty odd myself. I have seen Korn four times and three of the four times they have had a hip hop act opening for them. Delinquent Habbits opened for for them when I saw them in Buffalo NY, Pharcyde opened for them here in Rochester, Ice Cube was one of the opening acts on the Family Values tour. The fist time I saw Korn they had The Deftones opening. Hell yeah anything Geiger related for your car would be bad ass. Seeing as how I love biomechanical artwork the man is a god! I have a biomechanical sleeve on my right arm and a smaller biomechanical piece on my left forearm.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Banned

Slipknot!

Quick Reply: music !