The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nasty look on Toyota Prius

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
I'd probably opt for the Yaris if I wanted a super econo box miser vehicle...I just rented one in Orlando and it impressed the heck out of me...I flogged that thing the last day I was there running it from Orlando to Cocoa Beach and back avg 80-85 mph with a/c on and windows down, you name it....40 mpg.
Was that with a tail wind?

I didn't think a Yaris could go that fast.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 AM

The problem with every energy source or technology is that there are pitfalls and people will exploit them (ie. talk trash.) Gas and diesel are bad because there have been a few accidents (Exxon Valdez) or a places where operators have employed sub-par extraction process and destroyed the environment. Not to mention the by-products of using petroleum and also the concerns about having reached peak oil (I'm not advocating we are running out of oil but many reports will say so.) Nuclear energy gets a similar bad reputation because of the waste. Coal is bad due to it's emissions. Battery technology or hybrid technology is bad as pointed out in articles like the one posted and also lithium ion technology may not persist very long due to limited supplies of lithium (peak lithium.) Solar could be bad because of environmental impacts of large solar farms on the ground (ie. shadows destroying fertile soils, areas where there is good sun are also areas where there is good farming.) Hydro and wind power have environmental effects on wildlife. Ethanol has issues.

All I'm trying to show is that various people will attack every technology. Many times people are uneducated about the technology and will believe what they see reported. Many of the negative reports come from biased sources though.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
Was that with a tail wind?

I didn't think a Yaris could go that fast.

I was actually surprised at how peppy that little car was..it will cruise at that speed all day long and then some...no problem at all getting up to speed..in fact felt a lot quicker than the HHR

Cup holders really sucked and were in a stupid spot but other than that it was a GREAT car

Goose
Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Goose

Cup holders really sucked and were in a stupid spot but other than that it was a GREAT car

Goose

Sounds like an HHR, LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Love the "Summer Yellow" on the pictured Aveo. They should make it available on HHRs too!!
http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/5/