The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

NERDS! (c) Ogre

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM

I have about 9000 diecast cars.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
I have about 9000 diecast cars.
Welcome to the diecast geek club.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:03 PM

I'm a big rock geek. I'm a geologist and many times my trips revolve around going to place to check out rocks. I have hundreds of pictures of rocks. I have hundreds of pounds of rocks at home from previous trips.

I work as a geologist so rocks are somewhat a passion of mine!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by teech
I see the view column is busy...but little reply...hmmm...

I have one word for the HHR community....DENIAL!

I just know there are some trekkies out there...ashamed to speak up

I have another confession. I went to the midnight premier of the last star wars episode (III).

I'm a trekkie...but i won't dress the part! does that mean I haven't comeout of the closet?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
I'm a trekkie...but i won't dress the part! does that mean I haven't comeout of the closet?
So you mean to tell me you don't have a communicator or a triquarter? Fess up Grumpee...

Did I just tell on myself?

Oh well......KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:20 PM

Let's see..........I have in the neighborhood of 200 diecast fire trucks of various sizes. I also have fire department badges, patches, hats, T-shirts, helmets (including an old Dublin Fire Brigade). I also have my old firefighter and lieutenants badges, my old helmets.....................oh, and don't forget the framed fire photos. It all drives my wife crazy, but I can't seem to just walk past something fire related. She has called me a few things but I don't quite remember "nerd"
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
It all drives my wife crazy, but I can't seem to just walk past something fire related. She has called me a few things but I don't quite remember "nerd"

Too funny Firewatcher.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Deb...

Have a family friend that is into NASCAR, also. He has so much "stuff".... cars, posters, parts from famous cars (autograph and authenticated), helmets (also signed), that he had his new house built around the room HE DESIGNED for his memorabilia. I'll try to get some pictures and send them by PM, if you're interested.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hey Deb...

Have a family friend that is into NASCAR, also. He has so much "stuff".... cars, posters, parts from famous cars (autograph and authenticated), helmets (also signed), that he had his new house built around the room HE DESIGNED for his memorabilia. I'll try to get some pictures and send them by PM, if you're interested.
That would be great Snoopy..I'd love to see that. Thanks!!!

My geek status is in full swing now.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by teech
So you mean to tell me you don't have a communicator or a triquarter? Fess up Grumpee...

Did I just tell on myself?

Oh well......KAHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Teech,

I have the all the star trek movies. My favorite of all times in Wrath of Khan. I've read and reread all the serialized books from the trek universe and currently rereading the Rise and fall of Khan Noonien Singh...& @ one time I had the Klingon Dictionary...Everyone at work hated my klingonese....I'm also into B5, Farscape, the new Battlestar Galactica series (I have to wait until it comes out on DVD...we're cable challenged in this part of San Diego)

Quick Reply: NERDS! (c) Ogre