The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

NERDS! (c) Ogre

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

Since everyone is revealing a personal attribute......

I have collected antique instruments of measure for about 40 years. Mostly clocks, watches, scales, weights. The clocks and watches can be a problem at times. I try to keep them regulated to about 1-2 minutes a week and they need constant monitoring and tinkering.

Teech.....

Kind of like you....I also collected ball caps with insignias of military units, federal, state, county, city law enforcement departments and special groups, GM divisional, group and special show "give aways". Had over 700 of them at one time. Gave them to the FBI, if you can believe it.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 AM

I've been racking my brain actually trying to identify with my geekness. I'm sorry to say....I don't think I'm a geek. Let's look at the list:
Cigars......not geeky
BEER........nope
Cars.........Well maybe since I'm always trying to go faster with my 4cyl.
The only video games I play have to do with racing.....
Wait.....CHIPS.....I am a huge CHIPS fan. I actually have Ponch and John action figures in my office.

Woohoo....I am a geek.......Wait, is that a good thing?

By the way...does anyone know where I can pick up copies of CHIPS episodes? I am only interested in the Ponch and John episodes....not the ones with that OTHER guy.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by hhr213
Wait.....CHIPS.....I am a huge CHIPS fan. I actually have Ponch and John action figures in my office.
Ponch and John CHIPS!

Sorry....couldn't help myself
Old 12-02-2006, 09:17 AM

By the way...does anyone know where I can pick up copies of CHIPS episodes? I am only interested in the Ponch and John episodes....not the ones with that OTHER guy.
A CHIPS snob? Yep...total geekitude. Welcome.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:14 PM
jx3

Have a look here..............

CHiPs on DVD
Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Deb...

Don't know if you have BIG LOTS stores up here, they're kind of a bottom bargain store that clear out stuff for the distributors and manufacturers....anyway,
was in one last night and they had Xmas tree ornaments in NFL, NBA, NHL colors and team player numbers. One of them was NASCAR car colors with the car numbers. Only had one and some guy got that one. Thought of you right away and tried to talk the guy into letting me have it...really embarassed my wife. No luck..

If you have those stores up there, you might look if you are interested...they were $8.00 for a box of 12, in "glass" and Made in China.

Thought I would post it here, instead of a PM, so other members would also know.