The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nuclear explosion on the weather?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 PM

Nuclear explosion on the weather?

Better get that 1,000,000 sunblock on.

Nuclear Explosion Rocks The Czech Republic!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRprj-J8cXs for main explosion video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgosdoL4skQ for extended news video

Hackers add explosive angle to weather broadcast

Wednesday Jun 20 14:00 AEST

By Shaun Davies
ninemsn

Pranksters have hijacked a Czech breakfast television program, inserting footage of a nuclear explosion into an otherwise innocuous weather broadcast.

A collective of artists called Ztohoven has claimed credit for hacking a live camera feed that was broadcasting images from scenic East Bohemia.

Instead of bucolic images, Sunday viewers of Czech Television's Panorama program were treated to footage of a mushroom cloud ballooning over the countryside.

The website address www.ztohoven.com was superimposed over the footage.

The footage has been viewed more than 240,000 times since it was posted on internet video site YouTube on Sunday.

Police are now investigating the prank, which has left Czech Television executives fuming.

Ztohoven posted an explanation of its actions on its web page, saying it was "neither a terrorist organisation nor a political group".

"On the 17th of June 2007 this group attacked the space of TV broadcasting. It distorted it, questioned its truthfulness and its credibility.

"It drew attention to the possibility of using images of the world created by the media in place of the existing, real world."

A report in the Prague Daily Monitor said Czech Television had filed a criminal complaint, alleging Ztohoven has damaged its intellectual property and spread public fear.

A spokesman for the television station said the group had used the internet and other technologies to hack into the camera, which was operated by an external firm.

The perpetrators of the stunt reportedly face up to one year in prison.

Ztohoven is known in the Czech Republic for its stunts. The group previously altered an art installation at Prague Castle, turning a love-heart sculpture into a question mark.

It also covered 800 advertising posters in Prague's underground with white posters featuring a large black question mark.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:24 PM

Only a matter of time before terrorists somewhere get a nuke and use it. Pakistan has nukes, has a lot of radicals who are probably planning to try and topple the secular gov't some time and take over, and the secular gov't isn't very stable to begin with. Hell, Bin Laden is probably hiding in Pakistan, and if the radicals over throw the gov't, he'd be the first one they'd give control of the nukes to.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Only a matter of time before terrorists somewhere get a nuke and use it. Pakistan has nukes, has a lot of radicals who are probably planning to try and topple the secular gov't some time and take over, and the secular gov't isn't very stable to begin with. Hell, Bin Laden is probably hiding in Pakistan, and if the radicals over throw the gov't, he'd be the first one they'd give control of the nukes to.
How the hell did you gather that from the above article? It was a damn hacker joke. A pretty damn funny one at that. Let's not flood this thread with American war on terror propaganda and conspiracy theories just because it mentions a nuke.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Yeah. Its like those TRUTH adds on TV about smoking. They're speaking out against the media showing us what they want us to believe and not what is really happening in a non-biased view. Showing something like this makes some sense. My g/f refuses to let me watch the news because I sit and yell at the mental retards giving us falsified/biased info on certain subjects that you can research on your own and find the media is wrong wrong wrong! Neener!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM

The political situation in Pakistan is for real. Like it or not, the threat exists.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
The political situation in Pakistan is for real. Like it or not, the threat exists.
I'm not going to agree or disagree. I don't see terrorist or nuclear weapons as a real threat myself. We've made it this long with them both existing. I just didn't see what your rant had to do with the prank. I personally would have loved to have seen the nuclear news in person. It's awesome. Some real War of the Worlds type ****. I would have probably crapped my pants at first but then had a good laugh.