The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Opinions wanted on employment matter

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:29 PM

As others have said, "rocking the boat" may not be your best solution. I have learned the hard way that you need to be careful which battle you choose to fight when it comes to your career. Sometimes it is just better to move on.

As for "punching a clock" eons ago I worked at a car dealership and we had to punch a clock in the morning, at coffee, at lunch and when we left. The management decided too many people were coming in late and they wanted to dock pay for a minumum of 15 minutes if you were late. For example late 5 minutes, loose 15 minutes pay, late 20 minutes loose half an hour, and so on. There was a union and after negotiating the union agreed that the company could deduct for time late by exact minutes only however, where it was shown the employee actually worked extra, even if only a couple of minutes those extra minutes were to be paid at time & half. Guess what, they seldom got to deduct the money and instead it cost them more in paying overtime. Some companies are too quick to notice the bad and not realize they often have more good around them then they realize.

Thankfully I now work for a great boss who is very flexible about start/finish times and no clock punching.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by PinkChick
Thankfully I now work for a great boss who is very flexible about start/finish times and no clock punching.
Those dirty rotten dealers, I don't know why anyone would want to work for them. J/K
I met my wife at a dealership and had her quit and go elsewhere as fast as she could.