The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Who will win the World Series
Colorado Rockies
8.45%
Philadelphia Phillies
9.86%
Chicago Cubs
15.49%
Arizona Diamondbacks
7.04%
New York Yankees
15.49%
Boston Red Sox
26.76%
Anaheim Angels
8.45%
Cleveland Indians
8.45%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

post season baseball

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Awwww.......you guys are just jealous because the Yankees suck and the Red Sox don't.
Yes, of course..you're absolutely correct. We're all really jealous of those gosh-darn Red Sox who have such a rich history of success in the post-season. I sure wish they were my team instead of those sorrowful Yankees who never seem to win ANYTHING!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:23 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
had to take the home team overs the cubies
But the CUBBIES are like a home team in Arizona, since they have spring training in Mesa! We will probably have more fans at Chase Field than the Diamondbacks...at least that is what they are figuring here in Chicago, home field advantage for the Cubs throughout the first round...and just wait 'til it goes back to Wrigley, you should watch game 3 on television just to see how much Wrigleyville will be ROCKIN'!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 PM

Talking Mr.Met heads home...

Old 10-03-2007, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Docwylie
I sure wish they were my team instead of those sorrowful Yankees who never seem to win ANYTHING!

When was their last championship? With that payroll and lineup they should win it every year It is inexcusable that they did not win the division....I would not have the warm fuzzies if I was a Yankees fan...not saying the Sox are gonna win it all but Yankees have plenty of question marks and Sox have a good as chance as they do if not better due to their rotation

Goose
Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Goose
When was their last championship? With that payroll and lineup they should win it every year
Goose
2000. 26 Championships. Anyone close? The Yankees have won so many times that everyone is aways hating on them, Yes they have a high payroll but the game still has to be played. I am a Yankee fan and agree they should win it every year with that payroll. Let the games begin and the Yankees will be on top. This for a team in May that wasn't even considered to be making the playoff's.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by JESSE
2000. 26 Championships. Anyone close? The Yankees have won so many times that everyone is aways hating on them, Yes they have a high payroll but the game still has to be played. I am a Yankee fan and agree they should win it every year with that payroll. Let the games begin and the Yankees will be on top. This for a team in May that wasn't even considered to be making the playoff's.
Remember it took a Cardinal (joe torre) to win thier last championship.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
Remember it took a Cardinal (joe torre) to win thier last championship.
He is wearing pinstripes now!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
When was their last championship? With that payroll and lineup they should win it every year It is inexcusable that they did not win the division....I would not have the warm fuzzies if I was a Yankees fan...not saying the Sox are gonna win it all but Yankees have plenty of question marks and Sox have a good as chance as they do if not better due to their rotation

I think Jesse said it best, but no, they shouldn't win it every year regardless of payroll. That would be bad for the game. Even the Pittsburgh's of the world need at least the hope of winning. That being said, I still stand by my assertion that the winner of the Indians-Yankees series will go on to win the World Series.

Then again... it's still just a game and there are many variables...so at this point every team in the playoffs has a chance...even the Red Sox.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

Don't make the mistake of assuming it's a foregone conclusion that the World Series winning team will be from the American League. There are 4 very strong teams in the National League that can make a run.

Last edited by mizzouHHR; 10-03-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
Don't make the mistake of assuming it's a foregone conclusion that the World Series winning will be from the American League. There are 4 very strong teams in the National League that can make a run.
Spoken like a true NL fan!

I certainly hope the National League representative will give the American League a good fight in the World Series for the good of "The Game".

Quick Reply: post season baseball