The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Prayers Needed please..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM

Unhappy Prayers Needed please..

A family at my church whom I am very close to has had a very very rough last 12 months. Last summer, The husband was hit on his motorcycle by a truck. He has since not been able to work. Has had 11 surgery's. The family has just been through a lot. His wife has been home without work almost all that time just taking care of him and being by his side.His most recent surgery was 2 weeks ago on his leg.
...Tonight I was going to have dinner with the family as I have been doing every Tuesday night for the longest time , and I received a call around 5pm from him "Hey Paul, im not feeling good can we maybe post-pone tonight" So , I told him, yeah get to feeling better and we can work something out. About a hour later I get word from his wife that he had thrown up like 20 times, Is now not even sure who she is , and is on the stretcher going out the front door to the E.R. , So that's when I knew something wasn't right. I started praying and hoping he would be okay. I just got a call about 20 minutes ago .. So he has had a CT Scan and Blood Work. He has some fluid there not sure about , and they are going to do a spinal tap soon. He was in so much pain they gave him meds to calm him and let him sleep some. They are not sure what is wrong, possibly a stroke, but the doctor doesn't truly think it was.

I just want to ask y'all to pray for him. This family has been through a lot , and I believe the power of prayer really works tremendously.

Thank you family on here
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 PM

I'm praying with you Paul. I hope your friend pulls through, since he has had to endure everything else thus far. Be strong and positve for his wife, she'll need a shoulder.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 PM

Your request for prayers is being answered by the Z-Man & family, God will watch over him & his family and friends

Z
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 PM

thank you thank you

God knows everything that is going on
But i believe the more we pray n bug him about it, the better we all feel
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 AM

im sending my prayers from florida, Hope all goes well. Keep us posted!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 AM

As a fellow motorcycle rider myself.... My heart and thoughts go out to him and his family!!! I sincerely hope they figure things out and he pulls through this.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 AM

Your friend along with his wife and family are in my prayers.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 AM

thank you for the prayers.. keep em coming

they are going to continue test's this morning and i will keep yall updated the more i know..
Just wanted you to know they are testing for Stroke, brain bleed, meningitis, and incephylopothy (sp?).
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 AM

Prayers from our house to theirs and yours.

Tony & Val
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Deuces
As a fellow motorcycle rider myself.... My heart and thoughts go out to him and his family!!! I sincerely hope they figure things out and he pulls through this.
I as well.

Quick Reply: Prayers Needed please..