The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Prayers, Vibes, Power, and Thoughts needed for TCRNCOB

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:21 PM
jx3

It's good to hear things are moving. The road to recovery will be a long one, so the sooner he can get on it, the sooner he'll be to his life again. Hope this road is as straight as an arrow!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:45 AM

Our family will say a prayer for your son, Theresa. Keep in mind that usually young people heal much faster than us old(er) folks! Don't be surprised if he's back on his feet sooner than you think.

May God Bless you and your son in these hard times you are having.

Steve
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Theresa has said the following on 1/29/07:

Derek did have surgery on his left front hip Sat. afternoon, did great. 2nd surgery on sunday afternoon on back of left hip, The hip part is fine, but his heart rate and O2 rate went nuts and they thought he was having a heart attack or other problems, did tests, he is slowly doing better on oxygen. Two long surgeries after such a bad wreck was just too much.

He will have the last surgery on his right hip on wed. and then thurs. or fri. we get moved back to Lakeland hospital (much closer to home). We are still in for a long road of recovery but at least we have the left hip done and that was the worst one.

We did get moved to a private room sunday afternoon so I am not having any problem being able to stay with him anymore.

The doctor we have is one of the best in the US but his bedside manner has to be the worst!! He does not have time for questions, you have to ask the residents and PA's. At least they are nice. Most of the nurses are good, we have had a few that don't need to be nurses, but being that I am a nurse and I treat my pt.s like I would like to be treated, I EXPECT other nurses to do the same.....

Please continue with the prayers, they are working! Now we need to get him to start eating.

Theresa
Old 01-30-2007, 07:26 AM
jx3

Sounds like some great news!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by karen1953
Theresa has said the following on 1/29/07:

The doctor we have is one of the best in the US but his bedside manner has to be the worst!! He does not have time for questions, you have to ask the residents and PA's.
Theresa
Sadly, this is often the case. I realize that a very good doctor has only limited time and is in great demand. However, each case involves a person, usually their family, and some sort of pain and/or suffering and worry. A few minutes to answer questions and help reassure everyone would go a long way to ease the uncertainty involved.

When my young son was hospitalized some years ago for an intestinal problem, the doctors at Buffalo Children's Hospital had such great bedside manners that I was astonished. After our son was released from the hospital, the surgeon called us at home a few days later to make sure everything was going well. It helped so much to have the doctors see us as people instead of just a "diagnosis and repair".

Steve