The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Scare your pants off !

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:54 AM

Scare your pants off !

Being a retired firefighter who can't quite 'give it up', I have a couple of scanner radios at home. Around 3:00 this morning the radio gets real busy with the fire department in the next city over. As I wake up to really listen, I realize that a boat has had an accident where my son's friends own a home on the lake.
Now I'm wide awake . I am out of bed listening closely. One of the search boats has located a person in "The Narrows". This section is right behind the friend's house and is where his dock is. Now I'm close to crapping my pants. They have located "Matt". He's cold but okay. One of the group my son hangs with is Matt. They still have one out of four still in the water. I call my son's cell phone and get the answering service. I'm getting real close to being out of my mind. I leave him a message to call home, that I am aware of a boating accident near the friend's house. Please call home. Fifteen minutes later he did. Thank God! He was fine. Those were his friends but he thought it was too cold (48 degrees) and too dark to go for a boat ride at 3:00 AM. Nobody was seriously injured. And then I reflected a bit......he's 23. When I was his age I probably did the same thing to my parents. Makes me realize what my mother meant when she said to me years ago...."Someday you're going to have kids.......she was right.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:00 AM

happy to hear the well ending story.