The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

This is scarry!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 07:52 AM

I thought that was how it was done. At least through Chase, they do a lien release, that is mailed in for your title, apparently this happened to hhrnole,, but they never released the lien even after he had paper title in hand, and as of yesterday they were still holding the lien.

Hhrnole and I lived in the same town and met through the forum, I would do the same for any of us if someone needed help, and I was in a position to help. Thanks BigJack.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Deceased

OK, I've done some digging into the Ally deal that is affecting HHRNole, and sad to say...he's not alone.

As of now, Ally has been the subject of thousands of complaints filed in almost every state alleging unfair loan practices, failure to release vehicle titles after fulfillment of lien obligations, and failure to credit payments by customers in a timely manner resulting in late charges being assessed to the holders of said loans.

What you can do if you're in the same boat....

1. Determine which Ally you're dealing with, Ally Financial or Ally bank, it makes a difference.

2. Contact Ally Financial directly at 1-888-925-2559 or Ally Bank directly at 1-877-247-2559, and ask for a supervisor, otherwise you may be transferred to an overseas call center.

3. File a complaint with the Office of The Attorney General in your state(this can be done online in most states).

4. File a complaint with the Banking Commissioner in your state(also something that can be done online in most states).

5. Contact your DMV if your vehicle title is being held for a non-valid reason.

6. Contact your insurance underwriter if your vehicle title is being held for a non-valid reason.

7. Retain legal counsel if necessary, most reputable law firms will offer an initial consultation at no charge. Save this step for last, as its your final step in gaining recourse if 1-6 fail to provide a remedy.

Last edited by 843de; 06-12-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added an addendum as to which Ally division you're dealing with.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 AM

This whole issue is down right scary, I really feel for all that get caught in this, if I could please if you have the capability record any phone calls with Ally and let them know you are recording the conversation as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Hey Mike, Tim said he wil contact you today, with a huge thank you! Just one more company screwing the un-knowing little guy.

I hope no one else on the forum is affected by this.

Again Mike Thank you! The forums are fun, but they really show their worth when something like this comes to light!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Deceased

Just doing what I can do, the thing that makes Ally so difficult to deal with is that they are a multi-national concern, and the finance business they bought from GMAC is just one tiny part of the operation.

Whether the problems are due to a lack of caring on their part, or incompetence, or both...I don't know.

Last edited by 843de; 06-12-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Clarified comments
Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
What the hell. I bought American but my money is going to Europe and China!
made in mexico.... lol
Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Deceased

OK, here's where this whole deal is confusing even for a guy who does this for a living. We're dealing with two Ally entities here, Ally Financial and Ally bank.

Ally Financial is headquartered in Detroit Michigan, and it owns assets of the old GMAC along with the Federal Government. Ally Bank is headquartered in Utah and is a division of Ally Financial who also is dealing with GMAC auto loans that it bought out when Ally Financial took over from GMAC. So you need to know which Ally you're dealing with first, it makes a difference.

As to the overseas HQ's, that information was incorrect and I've e-mailed the publication which reported that so they can retract it, and I apologize for the vexation my incorrect reporting of their HQ may have caused.

Ally does have overseas operations with call centers in the Philippines and Shanghai, which is where the confusion over their overseas operations may have started.

As to how you should deal with Ally, I've added an additional step in Post #12, which is to determine which Ally division you're dealing with.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
What the hell. I bought American but my money is going to Europe and China!
Please see my comments above George, that info on their HQ locations was incorrect and the online financial publication where I obtained the info is publishing a retraction of the incorrect locations.

Sorry for the consternation and irritation it caused you and other here, I was amending my comments with revised info as you were posting your comments.

As to HHRNole's deal, its a mess, hopefully its an isolated occurrence amongst our members here and he can get things straightened out soon.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Mike. Just figured I would delete my other post. Humor never was my best asset anyways.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM

Ok guys,I think I finally got some where with this mess after several calls.I finally got to talk to someone here in the US that still wanted to give me a run around but understood my no nonsence to the point english.After telling them that I had filed complaints with Florida's state attorney,which btw was interested after telling me that they already have an action with Ally cocerning mortgages.Also informed them that I had contacted CNN about doing a story on their shady practices and also contacting several other goverment agencies.They said that they would take care of it by contacting my DMV electronicly.I imformed them that I will keep an eye on this and that I will not back down on my complaints or talking to news media about this,the american people need to know whats going on and I wasn't very nice about it either

Quick Reply: This is scarry!