The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Time for some kids to get their butt kicked.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Without a license???

We can do that here in Oklahoma I think, but only with the license..
If I remember correctly it's cool as long as you DON’T conceal your weapon. Otherwise you need a concealed weapon permit. I think you can still walk around with a loaded gun belt like a cowboy legally in Texas.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM

Yes you have to have a license to carry; you have to have a registered fire arm, take classes, and qualify with the gun or guns you intend to carry. It’s a big responsibility and the laws that govern the use of a fire arm are very strict. I for one wouldn’t want to have to go through all the red tape, unless I was under direct fire and in fear for my life or the life of a family member. This definitely isn’t the answer for this type situation, as I said earlier let the PD take the surveillance tape and fix the problem.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM

You can transport in the state of Texas without a permit the fire arm can't be loaded and if you are carrying ammo it can't be readily available so in others words the gun in the cab and the ammo in the trunk. Then there is an acceptations if your traveling, it can't be concealed it can be loaded and you have to be crossing several county lines.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

But you can still carry a firearm unconcealed in say a hip holster in public legally with a normal gun permit correct?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

I should add......When I was younger my buddies snd I used to play our own version of fire in the hole. We didn't throw Coke at fast food douche bags though. We would throw stuff at each other. It would kind of be like this.......You are chilling over at one of your buddies houses or your house and one of your buddies is in a bedroom with a girl, in the bathroom taking a dump or shower, in another room watching TV, cooking in the kitchen, pretty much any inopportune moment. You would find something good to throw*, open the door or jump around the corner so you catch them off guard, then throw the object while yelling' "Fire in the hole!" and run like hell. You knew you were going to get some form of retaliation in the end but it was fun as hell! I should resurrect fire in the hole with my friends and see how fast they all get pissed at me.

* An M80 or a pack of firecrackers are the best but just about any large, noisy, explosive, breakable, or living object will work.

Last edited by captain howdy; 08-08-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Actually if the guy is quick enough and can shut the window
it will bounce back into the punks car and explode all over them. Cameras getting tailtags would work the best though

It's only soda.....gee what's next? urinate in a cup and throw it at someone? Heck they are only kids having fun..us old farts raining on their parade

If someone caught my kid doing this and they came home crying that someone smacked them I'd drive right to the place to confront this person...then I'd probably shake his hand and offer to pay for his dry cleaning

Parents who condone this are the reason their kids are such ^%$# idiots..good job

Goose

Last edited by Goose; 08-08-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:05 PM

I'm amazed you and I haven't come under heavier fire on this one Goose. So many seem to believe any limits put on kids is too harsh, I for one am glad my mom and dad didn't allow me to act the fool. It's really a lot harder on kids when the real world has to be their teacher. The lessons are a lot harder learned after the ages of accountability don’t you think? But then these same people are sick of hearing about the stars that act like idiots and hid behind their rich and famous status. Laughing at their parents who throw a fit about the way their poor babies are being treated.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
gee what's next? urinate in a cup and throw it someone?
A Super Soaker works better. A cup is for trying to get someone to drink it. I can't believe some of you guys never did stupid stuff when you were younger like get drunk and run around your block naked at 3:00 AM with your friends, played human frogger on the thruway, made prank calls, went urban exploring, put a nice graffiti piece somewhere, had a backyard wrestling match, jumped a train, tossed stuff out windows and off roofs at people, slid down stairs on cardboard into things, jumped off roofs, F'ed with bums, crackheads, and hookers............Hell I could go on forever with all the stupid **** I did. I can only live once so I had to truly enjoy life and have fun while I'm here because I believe I'm just going to rot and be fertilizer in the end. I expect my girls as teens to do stupid **** like their old man did and there is no amount of proper raising them I can do to stop it. Teens will be teens when they are out of their parents presence and parent have no say in a young adult over 18s actions. Hell to tell you the honest truth I didn't stop doing really stupid **** until my wife got pregnant with our first daughter so I would say I stopped around 25 - 26ish. That's why my wife hates when my buddy J and I get together sometimes. We can still get pretty rowdy now and again but it's different because I don't do stupid **** that can get me in trouble with the the law any more.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
and parent have no say in a young adult over 18s actions.
They do when said 18+ yr old still lives @ home and mommy & daddy are paying their expenses.

My roof, my rules.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM

Quick Reply: Time for some kids to get their butt kicked.