The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Time for some kids to get their butt kicked.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up

Once again, Goose nails it 110%.

Originally Posted by Goose

Parents who condone this are the reason their kids are such ^%$# idiots..good job

Goose
Old 08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
They do when said 18+ yr old still lives @ home and mommy & daddy are paying their expenses.

My roof, my rules.
What the hell 18 + year old wants to live at home? I couldn't wait to be out on my own. Then I could do all the stupid **** I wanted, get drunk, and get laid as much as I wanted to without my moms interference.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Once again, Goose nails it 110%.
It's not that you condone it .....It's that you can't stop it. What's the solution? Lock all kids in their room and home school them until they are 18 and you feel they are a proper upstanding person molded just the way you like without any individuality and never experiencing their youth?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by captain howdy
What the hell 18 + year old wants to live at home? I couldn't wait to be out on my own. Then I could do all the stupid **** I wanted, get drunk, and get laid as much as I wanted to without my moms interference.
i did that at home
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quest51210
i did that at home
Me too but it's not the same.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It's not that you condone it .....It's that you can't stop it. What's the solution? Lock all kids in their room and home school them until they are 18 and you feel they are a proper upstanding person molded just the way you like without any individuality and never experiencing their youth?

I did a lot of stupid stuff Howdy...running around the block at 3am with your junk flapping in the breeze is one thing but throwing a full coke in someones face just for kicks is pretty disturbing....Not to mention pure ignorance... I never once really felt a need to do something so asinine as that to express my individuality

It does start at home...you can't be there all the time but you sure as hell can try to teach them right and wrong...they are their own beings but with being their own being they sure as hell better be prepared to face the heat when they make a poor choice.

One of my stepkids gets pinched for playing fire in the hole? Don't waste your one call to me. You sit there until your court date...give you a real nice long time to think how "fun" it was

Goose
Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM

I've come to the conclusion that compared to CH, I've had a very dull, boring life. I grew up in a small town, so there were no bums or hookers to mess with. Things I did were pay for the PG movies and sneak into R rated, and go the local farmers pond to fish, and have him chase us off with a shotgun, things like that. I agree with Goose, pranks can go too far, and it is disturbing to hear some of the things that go on, especially when personal property is damaged. As I said before, mabey I've just had a boring life. Before this thread I thought "Fire In The Hole" was a rollercoaster ride at Silver Dollar City in Branson.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Bottom line on the fire in the hole BS is the kids that do it are cowards. They know that the target cannot get to them because the target is boxed up in the drive-up window service area inside the restaurant, plus they know they can bolt in the car if need be. Complete wussyness. I bet the same kids like to pick fights with disabled people in wheelchairs.

Howdy, I understand someone wanting to strike out on their own @ 18, but for many they're still tied to the homefront at least part-time as in some college students living at home while they attend a local university of college. If they want the refuge of the parent's house while they work to get up to speed for the Real World, then they are still accountable to the parents. If the parents don't hold them accountable and let them walk all over them then the parents are chumps. I'm not talking about some kind of iron curtain dictatorship style rule book, just mutual respect, pulling one's own weight and behaving in a responsible manner that reflects well on yourself and your family name. It doesn't meaning going around like a poindexter but it doesn't mean acting the clown 24/7 either.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

I think part of why I was so insane as a youth, teen, and young adult probably has something to do with my absolute lack of fear, most of my friends were just as insane as me, I really liked drinking and partying, and being part of the whole skateboarding culture in general. My and my buddies used to dare or push each other to do crazier and more daring stuff and you know damn well you can't be a wuss. It had nothing to do with my upbringing and my mom used to discipline the hell out of me. I was just going to be myself and have fun while I was young regardless of consequences and my mom couldn't be around 24/7. Now I look at some of the really stupid and I mean REALLY stupid stuff I did and can't believe it. I'm not condoning fire in the hole (unless it is my version because that's classic) but I can't help but laugh at the stupidity and think of similar things I did up until a few years back. I personally went independent at 18 with no support from my parents. I couldn't wait to get out and I had a decent steady job so I could afford to.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM

It's my belief that everyone should be hit in the head with a billy club by a pissed off cop, thrown in jail for a week end. Anyone who rides a bike should be hit by a car at least once. So they would gain some respect for the larger vehicle. If you use mace, or tazers you should have it used on you at least once. Ride in an ambulance or a police car that has to bust a big entersection and watch the idiots that don't pull over. And last but not least if you abuse someone be prepared for a good old ass whoopen. So respect others have fun and pull your pranks.

See ya down the road

Bud-Harvey

Quick Reply: Time for some kids to get their butt kicked.