The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Tom is in Massachusetts!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM

Tom is in Massachusetts!

Tom aka TomsHHR has arrived in Massachusetts. He's in the Worcester area conducting training for his company. We had a little "get together" with another member, Chris aka four61ob, and my wife. We all met at the Picadilly Pub located on one of the seven hills of Worcester. This area overlooks the University of Mass Medical School as well as the UMass/Memorial Medical and Trauma Center. While driving up busy Route 9, my wife and I spotted a wild turkey standing on the sidewalk near the medical school bus stop. We were so surprised that we never got a photo! Sort of made me nervous knowing how wild animals gravitate towards Tom. We all met in the parking lot, made our introductions, and snapped a few car photos before it got dark. Tom is driving a sandstone HHR rental while he's here. Darn...I was hoping to see the Deerslayer! Chris has a Daytona Blue 2LT. Nice rig with the sunroof. Even my wife liked it. Once inside we got a drink while we waited to be seated, and chatted about everything. During the meal the conversations actually did touch on HHRs, car racing, (Chris is hot for NASCAR), and everything in between. My wife (who dreaded going because she thought all the talk would be about cars) was right into the jabber with both. She got a couple of mugshots of us in the parking lot before we split up. Everyone but me has to be up early (one of the few pleasantries of being retired ). The food was good, the conversation great. I know Tom has met a few of you, but I think everyone should meet him and Chris. They are both great guys who happen to drive great cars! Pics are in the gallery.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:12 PM

it was great to finally met Firewatcher, and his wife who seem to enjoy herself very much so....it was also cool to learn we have a shared past (due to the fact we live about 2 mile from eachother and we know lots of the same people, from our fire dept. back ground...well I was just in the explorer post that assisted the town fire department back in the late 70s....Firewatcher is the real deal !

also great to met Tom the Deerslayer, now he is a legend and so is his HHR, 3 deer and its still unstoppable......

great food and wonderful company to share a it with....can't wait to met more HHR onwers !

Old 09-25-2006, 11:19 PM

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Tom is a great guy and a ton of fun to talk with, as I'm sure you found out. Love the pictures too...so I decided to add them as well. Thanks for filling us in on what you guys did. I'm sure Tom will be along and add to this.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM

It was great to meet those three fellow HHR owners.

I found that after you leave the tunnel from Logan airport your GPS took a long time to start working. Long enough to make a wrong turn and get you lost.. But got it going and made it to our Milbury Service Center and then up to meet the Firewatcher, his wife and four61ob. What a Hoot. Great Food also.
You can also tell who was a firefighter as two of us backed in the parking space and one drove in. So we encouraged him to turn his HHR around and park in the middle.. oops sorry chris

When the conversation turned to stock car racing (not just nascar) but Chris is going to head down to Taladega the day after my elbow gets a clean-up. So drive safe on your trip. I can remember one comment " I never seen so many HHRs together in one spot". Not to mention the police officer that watched the three of us leave the lot at the light. Must of been a coolio sight. You all be good and see you at a future get together, I am sure.

Tom
aka The Deer Slayer aka TomsHHR..

I can detect another HHR down the road from this meeting!!