The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

totaled my hhr a week ago sunday!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 04:29 PM

Unhappy totaled my hhr a week ago sunday!!

well being i dont remember what happened due to a severe concusion I`ll just say for hitting a culvert at 70 and flipping my hhr (police told me) with my seatbelt on (have the bruises to prove it!) I walked away with a concusion and lots of bruises but not a single cut or broken bone!! I have never wrecked or been in a wreck any where near this severe in my life and I have to tell you I am sold on the hhr!! I dont think i would have come out of it as well in a lesser vehical!!!! I have already contacted my dealership and will be getting another orange one with the woody kit hopefully by the end of the month!!!! So im still hoping to make the run in peoria!!! One final note I have never been a big fan of seatbelts but my wife has been working on me about it and i was wearing it during this crash and I have to say if I wasnt I dont think I`d be here typing this thread now!!!!! so please for your own preservation use your seatbelt!!!! I will never drive without one on myself!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:38 PM

Glad to see your still here with us!! Did your airbags deploy? Do you have onstar? If so did they send help? Please keep wearing those belts,I work in an ER...
Old 07-08-2006, 04:52 PM

no onstar, but yes the airbag did deploy!! so didnt bust my face on the steering wheel!! If you saw the car you would never believe no one was seriously injured!! probably have to see a back cracker for a while though!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:58 PM

I'm glad you're not hurt worse than you were. Someone was looking out for ya!

hope to meet you and the new ride next month!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:16 PM

Its funny you should say that yeshua!! I`ve never been a religious man but 1.5 yrs ago my mom an RN for 15 years died (bled to death internally in a hospital bed after a liver biopsy) although i have no faith in the medical profession due to this happening and other issues i have experienced the night i wrecked was my mothers birthday and I think this whole thing has atleast restored my faith in god or an after life anyway cause some how i do feel she was there with me!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
Its funny you should say that yeshua!! I`ve never been a religious man but 1.5 yrs ago my mom an RN for 15 years died (bled to death internally in a hospital bed after a liver biopsy) although i have no faith in the medical profession due to this happening and other issues i have experienced the night i wrecked was my mothers birthday and I think this whole thing has atleast restored my faith in god or an after life anyway cause some how i do feel she was there with me!!!
yeah it took a smack upside my head from the Big Guy to get my attention too!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:18 PM

WOW glad to hear you walked away with only a few bumps. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Deceased

i am glad that you are ok
God Bless seat belts and airbags and 5 star crash ratings
Old 07-08-2006, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
i am glad that you are ok
God Bless seat belts and airbags and 5 star crash ratings
Amen to that!

My wife's, Bonnie, is even safer. Got hers with the side airbags and ABS.

I'm still amazed at the crash ratings too!
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

Hi "Freak" (I need to smile with that...no slam intended)

Glad to hear you have minimal injuries and sorry about your car. It might be a worthy thread if you got some pictures of the damage....especially since it was a rollover.

I too, did not wear seat belts, until my daughter had a very serious accident. Rescue people said they cut her out of the seat belt and that (belt) is what saved her from sustaining major injuries. KEEP ON WEARING EM'

Quick Reply: totaled my hhr a week ago sunday!!