The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Are unions killing America?
yes
55.36%
no
44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Are unions killing America?

Old 06-25-2009, 04:04 PM

is ther nothing else to do then to beat a dead horse? does it matter one way or another what people feel on this issue? i too question the motive on this subject.for one thing there isnt enough unions to kill america. greed from all sides played the downard spiral for this country. can you honestly say if all unions were gone this country would be in great shape? look how many unions are in other countries. we must be the only ones doing crappy because of unions. wait a minute, china is not a union country, all their workers must be living in the lap of luxury. living in modest 3 bedroom ranch homes with 3 or 4 kids, a dog and a couple of cars out front. wait that isnt luxury thats just living. well anyways they must be living good i bet. wait maybe its japan with all of thier non-union, they must be living pretty good. no maybe its germany, or maybe russia, india maybe. im so confused. some where out there is a country just thriving because there is no union. just gotta be
Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Go ahead and close it if you feel it will start issues, that was not the intention of the thread. I haven't seen any issues in it yet but if that is the direction it is headed then feel free to just delete the entire thread.

No I did not search the site to see any past union threads, I usually do not search every topic I post about on forums since on other sites i frequent threads rarely if ever start flame wars. If that is necessary on this site due to sensitivity or maturity issues then I doubt I will be posting much more on here if every topic and post requires members to "walk on eggshells".

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships...
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
I thought this forum section was for general chit chat and discussions, I suppose I was mistaken.

Please delete this thread.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 PM

Zappa Said it this way

Mr. Zappa always had a special way with words.

---
This is a song about the union, friends
How they ****ed you over and the way they bends
The rules to suit a special few
And you gets pooched every time the do

Once upon a time the idea was good
If only they'd a done what they said they would
It ain't no better, they's makin' it worse
The labor movement's got the Mafia curse

Don't be no fool, don't be no dope
Common sense is your only hope
When the union tells you it's time to strike
Tell the mother****er to take a hike
You know we gotta stick together

Stick Together
by Frank Zappa
---
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by 06AmethystHHR

I thought this forum section was for general chit chat and discussions, I suppose I was mistaken.

Please delete this thread.
It is and I will not take action at this time. As I said discuss/debate it without flaming and all is good. That is not directed at you but rather everyone.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by sincfiles
Mr. Zappa always had a special way with words.
Watch out where those huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow--Frank Zappa
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Founding Member

So far so good!
It's one thing to start a thread that is a fired topic and another to sit back to read what others have to say. I don't agree with posting after every reply to counter point a disagreeing argumentative view to try to convince every one your point of view either by the poster or a respondents post.

Again, as I have said numerous times, it's the personal and insulting posts that get threads closed or deleted.
Keep things in check and I see no need to close this thread (at the moment), unless JonyyB sees otherwise.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM

Not sure about America, but they did in the printing industry!!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Killing America? No. They only help to ruin companies.

Needed or are of any use in the country? Again, No.

If you quote this, you are only trying to start something, so don't. Don't ask for an opinion and start a debate.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by solman98
Killing America? No. They only help to ruin companies.

Needed or are of any use in the country? Again, No.

If you quote this, you are only trying to start something, so don't. Don't ask for an opinion and start a debate.

Of course it is not litterally "killing America" lol
Old 06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

No, unions are not killing America. Americans not buying/prohibited from buying American are killing America. What goes around comes around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are unions killing America?