The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Are unions killing America?
yes
55.36%
no
44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Are unions killing America?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 PM

Teachers Unions are killing America. What happens when the children are ruined?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Now that just don't make much sense. I have known many teachers throughout the years and 99% of them are loyal to the children. It's the childrens parants who are ruining them. Teachers have them about 6 1/2 hours a day and the parants the rest of the time. Don't take no rocket scientist to see who is screwing them up.
================
Originally Posted by wxman
Teachers Unions are killing America. What happens when the children are ruined?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 PM

The Unions do not have the power they once did, all city state federal unions now have no strike clauses.

As far as GM, I blame Union Management, you need to be competitive with the competition, it doesn't mean you have to match them, but they do a better job at a lesser cost. No wonder the industry popped. they didnt follow good business sense.

I belong to a Union and they completely dissatisfy me, we get a whopping 1% raise, more if the state meets a tax revenue collection goal this year (duh, were in a recession, with businesses closing everyday) but the president gets a paid trip to the convention.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Ron

OK here's my take, why is it the first one everyone goes after is the unions. Can anyone till my why all your CEO's VP's etc.of alot of our companys make 7 to 8 figures a yr. whats wrong with this picture, you can't till me anyone is worth that kind of money. And yes I'm a card caring UAW member and damn proud of it. Sorry that's my take.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ron
OK here's my take, why is it the first one everyone goes after is the unions. Can anyone till my why all your CEO's VP's etc.of alot of our companys make 7 to 8 figures a yr. whats wrong with this picture, you can't till me anyone is worth that kind of money. And yes I'm a card caring UAW member and damn proud of it. Sorry that's my take.
I agree with that Management greed is a serious problem, having said that, Union greed is a serious problem. Who cares which is worse, the problem is cancerous.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Greed is killing American and Unions have there greedy little hands in the cookie jar that the TAX payers are now paying for. I am soooo glad that we BAILED OUT GM. We Saved them!!! B.S. They still when under and we got crap for our money. Thank You MR Obama
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by orange08
Thank You MR Obama
Name:  11779-1.gif
Views: 21
Size:  57.7 KB

Looks like CM's 2 cents has been devalued.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM

whats there to debate...the facts state it all....
union pushes for wages..those wages get pushed onto the public....public carries a higher debt.....public gets greedy with easy credit....the water balloon pops.....everybody gets wet. Sure theres lots more to this...many sourcesbut unions don't rely on mom and pop businesses,,they go after the big boys so when they fall everybody feels it,,,,, nothing was learned when the aircraft and steel companies fell. You can only squeeze a company so much before it starts bleeding.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Looks like CM's 2 cents has been devalued.

I don't get that, but ok if you say so.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ron
i am a union electrican........... do i agree with everything.. no,
and nether does those of you that are non union, no one agrees with everything that their company they work for does.
I have to agree with ron, when things go wrong the first person that people want to blame is the union, but what about looking at those so called ceo's(i dont care automakers, or other) make those ungodly amounts of money, or get those outrageous bonus, or when they leave get those so call packages, of Millions of dollars,.
and helping out those big dogs in NY that got their bonuses..... geez.... WAKE UP, think of how many people's benefits could have been paid for.
Unlike what some of you all think, in my local union if i dont do my job i get fired, if those big shots cant get a company turn around ..... well here is several millions of dollars sorry it didnt work out.
That is what makes me sick..... GREEDY CEO that are flunkies and get paid for it.......
If you do your job, great thats what your supposed to do. if you dont hit the rode jack, but dont be asking for any give me's either.
went for 5 years WITHOUT a raise, why dont some of those politicans, and ceo do the same, maybe that might help
Because you sure dont deserve it

Quick Reply: Are unions killing America?