The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Victory Motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

And if you want a hot rod bike, check out the HD V-Rod. Best honda Harley ever made.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:43 AM

If your patient and do the hunt..you can find some good private deals on Harleys that already have custom parts on them....theres alot of HD's out there with real low milage because some people 'thought' they wanted the image,but turns into a conversation piece on their sunday brunch-b-q's.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM

The passion with blinders on that people have for Harleys never ceases to amaze and amuse. I guess they are largely American made, is Victory more so? If you want a bike that will retain a good portion of it's value when you don't want it anymore, by all means buy a Harley. Otherwise, go look and test and get what makes you feel good and suits your riding style. Personally I like the unusual, I know its unlikely I'll see another bike like mine anywhere and they all are a blast to ride. That's why a lot of us drive these cars. How's the resale on our cars btw?

ps this is cool to see, american non-cruiser bike
http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Musicguy
Interesting! I wonder if it will make production, and if so what the cost will be. Similar to the Honda V4 in layout. If I were designing an engine from scratch, it would be a narrow-angle single head design like the VW V6.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Musicguy
The passion with blinders on that people have for Harleys never ceases to amaze and amuse. I guess they are largely American made, is Victory more so? If you want a bike that will retain a good portion of it's value when you don't want it anymore, by all means buy a Harley. Otherwise, go look and test and get what makes you feel good and suits your riding style. Personally I like the unusual, I know its unlikely I'll see another bike like mine anywhere and they all are a blast to ride. That's why a lot of us drive these cars. How's the resale on our cars btw?

You either get it or you don't. No biggie..

When was the last time you saw a 1941 motus or hondo ??
Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 AM

Its ok if your part of the Beamer crowd.....
Old 04-22-2011, 07:33 AM

Can I point out that the NESS family has been assisting with the engineering on the Victory. Arlin and Cory have made a lot of trips to their Minnesota HQ. Not sure if this has been known in some of the articles.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:38 PM

For the most part, Victory styling doesn't work at all for me. However, I'm pleased to see them in the marketplace, and doing well. We need variety so everyone can get what they want (and a little competition is always healthy). Some things I think look cool my wife thinks - and vice-versa. Choice is where it's at!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Can I point out that the NESS family has been assisting with the engineering on the Victory. Arlin and Cory have made a lot of trips to their Minnesota HQ. Not sure if this has been known in some of the articles.
Yes it is well known in the biker world that Arlen & the Ness family did some custom victory bikes& etc. Which I have no doubt they were handsomely compensated for their involvement.. Great PR for victory..
Plus now Ness has a line of billet gee-gaws for victory bikes as well..

& they ride home on Harleys..
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Deceased

Been reading this post with a bit of interest, I saw that the sale of Indian to Polaris was mentioned, well here's a link to the other side of that story. In so many words, the people of NC and its taxpayers got screwed over in the end.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/pl...-mountain.html

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles?