The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

What's Your Opinion of the Dixie Chicks Now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Long Live Toby !!!! Toby for Prez !!!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM

If you want an example of how musicians can screw up our country give this a thought.

Does anyone remember the "NO NUKES" rally's the late 70's? When all of our rock legends of the time stood up for the "cause" rallied thier fans to force the nuclear industry to back off from building nuclear power plants? With drug hazed concerns about the "threat of nuclear power" they changed the course of our country. So here we are 30 years later with not enough power to go around and even more dependent on foreign oil. As I see it they are partly to blame for where we are now. So a big thanks to:

Jackson Browne
The Eagles
Linda Rondstat
Graham Nash
Bonnie Raitt
and all of the other participants back in "The Day"
Old 02-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Sorry, but the last thing we need is another uneducated redneck (no offense to you educated rednecks!) in the White House. I've personally met Toby (twice) and I can tell you - he's the last person we need providing guidance to ANY level of government!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 PM

Arnold for prez!!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
I didn't say "loves America more than anyone else". You said that. Don't twist my words. Yes I do normally stay away form political topics, but this one is somthing I feel strongly about, so I decided to post. Looks like in the future I will stay away from these type of topics for this reason. I have nothing else to say on this topic and will let it go.
That quote wasn`t directed at you, it was a general statement.
Most performers, actors, etc;, have a hidden agenda,you may or may not hear it off the top, and some come right out and say it, "I hate..."
I really meant that it seemed as though some "Country Music" singers have some sort of holier than thou persona, and people listen to them and start believing what was said, although most singers don`t write their own songs.
By and large, most performers haven`t done anything to serve this country, other than perform...
Old 02-13-2007, 08:39 PM

I think it's ironic that the Country Music People say they stand for America, but the first time someone exercises their right as an American, and speaks out against the president, they get their panties in a wad. Free Speech is the most important right we have in the US, but the Country Music People want to keep us from enjoying that right.

What is that smell? SNIFF SNIFF. Oh it's the smell of hypocrisy in the air!

What is the biggest insult, the president by the Dixie Chicks or the Presidential Office by the current president? Oh! By the way, when did the Country Music People put a fence up around my right, to freedom of speech? I was under the impression that I could use it anywhere.

Country music adopted the Chicks, not the other way around. I don’t remember any of the Chicks songs being about, a pick up truck, dog dying, tractor, etc. Perhaps the country folks should make better choices. That way they may not be offended, later when they wake up, to find out they don’t know the difference between, POP and Country.
Five Garmmys, you go girls!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by sicpuppy
I think it's ironic that the Country Music People say they stand for America, but the first time someone exercises their right as an American, and speaks out against the president, they get their panties in a wad. Free Speech is the most important right we have in the US, but the Country Music People want to keep us from enjoying that right.

What is that smell? SNIFF SNIFF. Oh it's the smell of hypocrisy in the air!

What is the biggest insult, the president by the Dixie Chicks or the Presidential Office by the current president? Oh! By the way, when did the Country Music People put a fence up around my right, to freedom of speech? I was under the impression that I could use it anywhere.

Country music adopted the Chicks, not the other way around. I don’t remember any of the Chicks songs being about, a pick up truck, dog dying, tractor, etc. Perhaps the country folks should make better choices. That way they may not be offended, later when they wake up, to find out they don’t know the difference between, POP and Country.
Five Garmmys, you go girls!
I don't recall a single time anyone from country music has stopped anyones freedom of speech. Good grief As far as the dixie chicks songs, you need to go back and listen to thier music. Goodbye earl ring a bell?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM

I believe that what this thread is about, how to censor the Dixie Chicks from Country Music air play; Freedom of speech
Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 PM

censor the Dixie Chicks from Country Music air play; Freedom of

That is too funny, censor and freedom in the same sentence.......

One song, country music makes.LOL
Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Founding Member

The title of this thread is:
"What's Your Opinion of the Dixie Chicks Now? "

I too have strong opinions on this but have elected to not post in it but have read all that has been said.

Participants have spoken. History of such discussions here have proven/become 'unfriendly'.
In the sites guidelines to maintain a friendly enviroment I have opted to end it now before it gets too bad. (it's on the verge)
It's content is now becoming political and an argumentive conversation.