The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM

Question Why?

Why is it that every time I tell someone that I now drive an HHR they say "sorry to hear that" or "sorry about your luck"? I say that the HHR is a wonderful car and that they must not have driven one before. I just don't understand how I see so many HHR's, but everyone I talk to says it's not a good car. It seems that the people that I talk to are just blind, or that they think their cars are better than the HHR, even if it is an old beat up Neon that they drive.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Deceased

You'll find that the HHR is a polarizing vehicle, those who love them like us, understand what they are all about and dig the retro looks. For the rest of the car community the HHR is seen as a PT wannabe or worse, don't let it get to you, especially coming from some twit with a Neon.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM

I've never had that problem. Most people are very interested in my experience with the car and ask questions. Some poke fun, but those are the ones that don't get it. All the more reason to own one. These are the same people driving Impalas, Camrys, and Accords. BORING! Of course they don't get it. The HHR has love it or hate it looks and its never boring.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Why?

Because they are sheep.......
Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM

I have the same problem here. Just yesterday, someone I work with said, "Ugh, you drive a PT Cruiser." And I said, "No, I drive an HHR, which is made by Chevy, and it is much better than a PT Cruiser." And she said, "Well, I've hated PT Cruisers ever since they came out, and your car is basically a PT Cruiser." I think most people just don't like the looks, not necessarily the car itself. Although, it seems like 94% of the people I know are so Pro-Toyota, Pro-foreign that they think the fact I drive a Chevy is a bad thing. So I tell them that my car is a great car, and they say American cars are unreliable. Give me a break, my car is extremely reliable, I haven't had to stick any money into it, nor did I pay the "toyota" premium when I bought it. Whatever, if they want to live in a land where everyone drives Toyotas, they can move to Japan for all I care...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM

You just need to learn not to talk to people. Or, at the least, not to listen to them If what others think matters to you, find out what they want you to drive before you buy a car and drive what they want you to drive. Personally, I prefer to drive what I want to drive.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
I have the same problem here. Just yesterday, someone I work with said, "Ugh, you drive a PT Cruiser." And I said, "No, I drive an HHR, which is made by Chevy, and it is much better than a PT Cruiser." And she said, "Well, I've hated PT Cruisers ever since they came out, and your car is basically a PT Cruiser." I think most people just don't like the looks, not necessarily the car itself.
x2

When I purchased my HHR, all the people said "I like your PT". Another guy told me "sorry that you bought a vehicule from a brand that is going to the bankrupcy"...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zagohhr
x2

When I purchased my HHR, all the people said "I like your PT". Another guy told me "sorry that you bought a vehicule from a brand that is going to the bankrupcy"...
Have they found the bodies yet?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Have they found the bodies yet?
Hehehehe... that reminds me that a female peer told me "Your car is Ugly. Looks like a Hearse"...She drives a bettle
Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM

People are usually pleasantly surprised when they ride in my HHR.
Prior to this I had a Focus wagon. My older daughter, who has a Focus hatch, wouldn't be caught dead driving my Focus wagon. She likes to drive the HHR though.....