The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Why the put downs ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:18 AM

Why the put downs ????

Just a querry.
Why do the people/members on this site put down the modifications done on the HHR, and our counterparts, (PT Cruiser owners) seem to enjoy and encourage modding their Rides?
I went to the RAS site, and there was car after car shots of PT`s modded, painted, altered, and generally asking/begging, "Look at me".
What`s the reason we can`t enjoy our mods without a put down?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:54 AM

I don't know what the problem is .I belong to two Pt clubs and I don't hear them say anything bad about HHR's and they enjoy looking at mine.We are going to Tenn in June for a g2g with the PT's and I told them I was driving my HHR so my grand-daughter could can go .Not enough room in the PT Conv.For a long trip with three people.We plan on a good trip and hope to g2g with more HHR'S onthe trip after Tenn will be on to IND and back to TX
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 AM

its usually 1 of 3 things

1. the mods look bad to them, everyone has different taste.

2 being immature, some people just like to try put down others.

3 jealousy, if someone wants a certain mod but cant achieve it for w/e reason, they might get upset when they see someone else has what they want and get mad and make negative comments.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:56 AM

Got one of each....

Bought my PT in 2001 (my fully modded Surf Rod)

Bought my HHR last weekend (just getting started with the mods)

Both retro rods born by the same geneous creator Bryan Nesbitt...

I love them both...

Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Just a querry.
Why do the people/members on this site put down the modifications done on the HHR, and our counterparts, (PT Cruiser owners) seem to enjoy and encourage modding their Rides?
I went to the RAS site, and there was car after car shots of PT`s modded, painted, altered, and generally asking/begging, "Look at me".
What`s the reason we can`t enjoy our mods without a put down?
My motto
" NEVER PUT DOWN WHAT YOUR NOT UP ON"

RnR // MIKE
Old 04-14-2007, 10:23 AM

My question wasn`t, why do PT owners put us down, I don`t frequent their site, it was ,why do other HHR owners put our own rides down when an attempt to mod is made.
Making the distinction between a stick-on mod and a bolt-on mod is a common occurence.
One would think that the CHEVYHHR.NET logo should be etched on the window or needed to be painted on, to be met with approval.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Halfj99
its usually 1 of 3 things

1. the mods look bad to them, everyone has different taste.

2 being immature, some people just like to try put down others.

3 jealousy, if someone wants a certain mod but cant achieve it for w/e reason, they might get upset when they see someone else has what they want and get mad and make negative comments.
Agrees Many people suffer from assholitis.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 AM

I have been wondering why its necessary to put down ANY mod made by someone on THEIR car. Its their money and it can all be redone. I have made many mods on cars of the past and when I was done I didn't like the way they looked so I got to redo it again. And I didn't need someone to tell me about it. But thats me. So ya all enjoy life for today since its the only one we have.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 04-14-2007, 11:03 AM

Some people love to exploit the anonymity of the internet.They say things they would otherwise never say face-to-face because they feel safe behind their keyboards and therefore don't fear the possible repercussions.This is normally a sign of arrested development.OK,now mail Doctor H.Blues a money order in the amount of $100.Next question.

Last edited by HonestBlues; 04-14-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Agrees Many people suffer from assholitis.
I agree Hillsdale and I have a cure for that problem. Just go to your local doctor and as for a Plexiotomy. That is the operation where they cut out a rectangular pane in you abdomen area and put in a piece of plexiglass so you are able to see where you are going.. Only problem is there are way too many who need this operation and way too few doctors who are able to give it too you.

Quick Reply: Why the put downs ????