The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Why the put downs ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM

We should all remember to be thankful for those with incredibly poor taste, otherwise how would our impeccably good taste stand out?

Seriously, everyone has differing ideas as to what looks good and that is good. No comment is much better that a negative one. It's OK to simply say that something is not for you, but just don't try to put another down because you don't like what they did.

When it comes to visual mods, afterall, it all boils down to opinion.

What bothers me about this site is when discussion starts on a subject of factual or technical matters and the thread quickly gets locked. It has happened all too often here, usually to protect an uninformed opinion, with the end result that many believe myth, lore and outright B.S.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Is that really true? Is it because of the rudeness or opinionated stuff that it gets locked? There has to be some freedom - that old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" -- I just don't think it's right on the internet. Silence is like nothing at all - it means nothing?!?, right? I've seen cars do some things I wouldn't do, on here, and my silence isn't going to express it very well. In the corporate world, we all know not to "give the boss any bad news". But if I punch holes in the front bumper of my car to give better airflow, you guys better step up and SAY something!!!