Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Dex Cool

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

Well you should hurry up and get an HHR because we're in the same town.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 AM

Well I'm waiting on an insurance settlement (and everyone knows how long THAT can take) before I buy one so I can either buy it outright or put down a big downpayment to keep the monthly payments low. If I don't buy before the winter (damn NY winters) comes I'll wait until spring. If I wait until spring, I'll buy a 2007 model for sure. I'm going out today and check out another dealer I know..see what he's got. I'd like to see what the new ebony/black interior looks like.... haven't seen any pictures of it on the net.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Cobra65....

A suggestion...and only a suggestion.

You could wait till January and order a 2007 with EXACTLY what you want...colors, options, etc. and it could be delivered about 10 weeks from the order acceptance date. This way you don't pay for options and/or colors you don't want.

If you order something "out of the norm", it probably is not on the order pipeline or already assigned. If it's the normal kind of dealer order or what everone "wants", it could be sooner on the delivery (it's just "tagged" for you, in the build/delivery process). Not sure if I'm making that clear.

If value means a lot to you, buying a 2006 now, will be de-valued in 2-3 months (technically, as soon as you drive it off the lot). Essentially, wantever amount a vehicle is discounted, affects the resale value. And you are really buying something that nobody else wants. Production on 06's stopped in June I believe, so what is on dealer lots is left from the "pick overs".

2007 has the extended powertrain warranty (not sure if it is necessary, but it is a nice comfort), you get exactly what you want, and a good chance the delivery will be after the major snow storms.

Oh, I ask this of almost everybody...do you have a relative that is a GM employee or retiree? If so, you may be elligible for a significant discount. Or do you work for a company that is a supplier to GM? There is another type of discount program available, if so.

You know, in addition to the above, GM has another program were I, as a retired GM Salaried Employee, can sponsor "friends". I'm not sure what type of discount applies, but I can check into it if you wish. I get nothing from this, than an "atta boy". GM Corporate introduced it, to encourage sales.

In fact, I may check and see what my requirements are for the "friends" program. Maybe I can sponsor ANYONE who wants an HHR. That could be great assistance for some areas were dealers sell at MSRP or very close to it.

EDIT>>>>>Just found out....the discount is at supplier pricing. I am allowed to "sponsor" 2 people a month. If you currently own a competitive vehicle and purchase a GM vehicle from my "sponsorship", GM will award me a certificate for $100...which I can use on my next GM purchase.

You know....this is off topic. I'm stopping here, and writing Jonyb a e-mail about this.

Last edited by Snoopy; 10-08-2006 at 01:15 PM.