Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

plastic cover on rear doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 AM

You never said the dealer said they would not replace them under warranty. I assume this happened or did you just take them off with out asking?

As for price the cost even on these is not that much less. I bought mine through my connection at work and they are not much cheaper. With dealers one part may seem like a lot and then I have had things like overflow tanks with hoses and fittings cost $5.You just never know.

For the most I have never seen one do what yours did unless water got under it. It sounds as if it was coming off.

I would have fought the dealer on replacing them or go to a dealer that would have. I am sure on a 2010 they would have covered it. You said you ripped them off so I assumed a dealer refused and just did not want to bring it up again as with them off the next dealer would not do anything now.

Sorry but the tone just seem aimed at me and while they are not cheap they are still a cheap easy issue to fix vs what else it could have been. There are much more expensive things out there and if something is under $100 on any car I count myself lucky.

I just had a failed intake gasket on the wifes car and not only had to fix it but had to replace the converter and 02 sensors it took out. Even at my prices it was not cheap.
I would have been glad to trade this for these covers. LOL!