Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Ramping Up? - Rhino Ramps by Blitz

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 PM

maybe it's my floor, but i've got the "slipidy doos" with my rhino's
Old 01-16-2011, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bowtieboy68
maybe it's my floor, but i've got the "slipidy doos" with my rhino's
might try putting rubber backed mats under ramps & try again.

Just a thought..
Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 AM

good idea. thanx sleeper
Old 01-17-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
Picked up a set today on sale as well and it made my oil change a lot more enjoyable.

Good Find Chris!

Dave
No problem.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bowtieboy68
good idea. thanx sleeper
Worth a try imo..
Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 AM

Here is the Ramp I am going to get this summer. http://www.raceramps.com/

They are not cheap but they are strong light and you can get them so they work on many low sitting vehicles. Also they have many options in highth etc.

We have them at work and with my discount the price is a lot better. But if anyone has a low car or lowered there are few ramps out there that will work and this is a good solid option to help. Vette guys love these.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Here is the Ramp I am going to get this summer. http://www.raceramps.com/

They are not cheap but they are strong light and you can get them so they work on many low sitting vehicles. Also they have many options in highth etc.

We have them at work and with my discount the price is a lot better. But if anyone has a low car or lowered there are few ramps out there that will work and this is a good solid option to help. Vette guys love these.
Thats alot of money to spend on a set of ramps for someone who would normally only use them to change oil in there car dont you think? JMO
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM

Agreed DJ. The main draw to those raceramps is that some models come apart, giving you more room to work underneath the car (or SS in my case). Plus with me being lowered on Pedders, I wasn't 100% sure the Rhino ramps would work. I'm definitely getting a set of either one, soon!

Later
Allex
Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by djr1973
Thats alot of money to spend on a set of ramps for someone who would normally only use them to change oil in there car dont you think? JMO
They are not for everyone. THey are handy tools for people who do a lot of work on cars that sit low to the ground.

Trust me I have a car now I have to use two small 3 inch ramps to drive up on to get the jack under my car.

Modified cars and race cars need a ramp like this. It make the job much easier as often these cars see more work than just oil changes.

Think of them as Snap On tools. If you need them or do a lot of work they come in handy and worth every penny.

Besides they don't slide cross the floor.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
They are not for everyone. THey are handy tools for people who do a lot of work on cars that sit low to the ground.

Trust me I have a car now I have to use two small 3 inch ramps to drive up on to get the jack under my car.

Modified cars and race cars need a ramp like this. It make the job much easier as often these cars see more work than just oil changes.

Think of them as Snap On tools. If you need them or do a lot of work they come in handy and worth every penny.

Besides they don't slide cross the floor.
I have never had a problem with the ones I have sliding across the floor or my blacktop driveway. And if you want to waste your money on a tools just because they say Snap On, go right ahead. Personally I think they are a rip off, my craftsman tools and even some off the other no name cheap tools I own get the job done when need be. I own a SS now, and before I had my SS I had a 2LT that was lowered on Goldlines and before I got my Solstice wheels I had the 5 spoke 16" wheels and made it impossible to get my 2 ton floor jack underneath it. Not once did I ever have trouble driving it up onto my ramps. Like I said earlier, for someone who is gonna use them to change their oil a few times a year, the price of the ones you posted is a bit ridiculous IMO. To each his own, but some of us dont have money to throw away on expensive ramps that will do the same thing the cheaper ones do. Sorry if I have offended any one, by just trying to make a point here!!

Quick Reply: Ramping Up? - Rhino Ramps by Blitz