Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Ramping Up? - Rhino Ramps by Blitz

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by djr1973
I have never had a problem with the ones I have sliding across the floor or my blacktop driveway. And if you want to waste your money on a tools just because they say Snap On, go right ahead. Personally I think they are a rip off, my craftsman tools and even some off the other no name cheap tools I own get the job done when need be. I own a SS now, and before I had my SS I had a 2LT that was lowered on Goldlines and before I got my Solstice wheels I had the 5 spoke 16" wheels and made it impossible to get my 2 ton floor jack underneath it. Not once did I ever have trouble driving it up onto my ramps. Like I said earlier, for someone who is gonna use them to change their oil a few times a year, the price of the ones you posted is a bit ridiculous IMO. To each his own, but some of us dont have money to throw away on expensive ramps that will do the same thing the cheaper ones do. Sorry if I have offended any one, by just trying to make a point here!!

My point is some people need a lower ramp and they may also need something at times that will lift the car higher up. The Race Ramps do both of those jobs that others may need. Just because you don't have the need or money for them does not mean others don't. This post his about more than just you.

While they may seem high priced to you they are cheap for someone who really has a need for them. They are not for everyone but then again not all of us just play oil change either.

The point you made is like me say the cheapies like you have are a waste of money because I have no need for them. Buddy if they work for you great and that is all you need. So where is it my place to say your ramps are crap just because they won't work on my car? I only posted them because some not all may need something and it may help someone. Is that wrong?

Last edited by hyperv6; 01-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
My point is some people need a lower ramp and they may also need something at times that will lift the car higher up. The Race Ramps do both of those jobs that others may need. Just because you don't have the need or money for them does not mean others don't. This post his about more than just you.

While they may seem high priced to you they are cheap for someone who really has a need for them. They are not for everyone but then again not all of us just play oil change either.

The point you made is like me say the cheapies like you have are a waste of money because I have no need for them. Buddy if they work for you great and that is all you need. So where is it my place to say your ramps are crap just because they won't work on my car? I only posted them because some not all may need something and it may help someone. Is that wrong?
I never said the post was about me!!!! All I was trying to say was that they were a bit on the expensive side, and that the ones the OP originally posted about are the ones I have. All I was trying to say is that you CAN drive a lowered car up on them. I personally have seen an SS on Pedders, and my 2LT on Goldlines was a little bit lower than the SS. If I didnt have any problems driveing up onto mine, then I dont see why an SS on Pedders would have any problem either. I never said anything about you saying the cheaper ones werent worth the money, I was just trying to state that from MY personal experience with the Rhino Ramps that a lowered HHR went up them just fine.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by djr1973
I never said the post was about me!!!! All I was trying to say was that they were a bit on the expensive side, and that the ones the OP originally posted about are the ones I have. All I was trying to say is that you CAN drive a lowered car up on them. I personally have seen an SS on Pedders, and my 2LT on Goldlines was a little bit lower than the SS. If I didnt have any problems driveing up onto mine, then I dont see why an SS on Pedders would have any problem either. I never said anything about you saying the cheaper ones werent worth the money, I was just trying to state that from MY personal experience with the Rhino Ramps that a lowered HHR went up them just fine.

I am glad your vehicle can use them but I and other have vehicles that will not work on them. I just thought it nice to present an option to those who may be interested. There are some of us who as you stated earlier that "hate fighting to get my floor jack underneath it" because the Rhinos will still not work.

When words like "Ridiculous, rip off and money to throw away" are used they add much to a statment. All you had to say is "a bit on the expensive side" and you would have well made your point. We all can see the prices too.

We have both made out points and wasted enough space here. Lets move on.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 AM

I think it's just a bit of cabin fever boys... lets all just dream of washing our cars outside in the warm sunshine, in shorts & t-shirt... it's only a few months away. We'll get thru it...

besides... I'm a motorcycle rider... how the hell do you think I feel. LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 02:43 PM

Geez they are just RAMPS!!!! Lets not get bent out of shape. Both of you have an opinion and both of you stated it. So Dustin didnt use the words you thought he should have, he's human and humans make mistakes. Lets stop acting like little boys and call this argument DONE!!! For crying out loud they are only RAMPS!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Read the last line of my last post.

"We have both made out points and wasted enough space here. Lets move on."

How about eveyone drop it I think we did!