Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Remote Start and duplicate key

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 AM

Just an FYI for the OP. After having to re-solder the battery connection on my factory FOB several times, I shopped around for some quality replacements and I found these recommended on a different forum,

Key FOB-Amazon Key FOB-Amazon

The first thing I did when I received them was to open them and check the battery connection and found a very sturdy "cage" that holds the battery securely rather then the flimsy clip the factory uses.The only problem I had was when I took them to the dealer to get them programmed. The first thing my "service provider" said was that they won't work. Then when I asked what he suggests, he said to buy a FOB from them which, after programming would be $120.00 each. I asked to see the tech, but he was too busy. After asking to see the service manager, he agreed to let them try to program it. But I would have to pay for the programming whether it works or not. When I came back to pick it up they told me everything was fine and after testing all functions on both remotes, everything works.