Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

What spark plug to use? brand and part number

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 01:13 AM
geg

AcDelco USA is not the only division of this manufacturer.
AcDelco also wants to be present all over the world and in all segments of the global automotive industry (GM deliveries on the assembly line; GM warranty service; GM post-warranty service; former GM plants (brands) in Europe, Korea, Southeast Asia, Central Asia; not GM at all). Big brand and big ambitions.
Accordingly, AcDelco’s products are manufactured at its own factories in North America (for the GM assembly line and warranty service in the North American market), at factories in Japan and China (this makes it easier to build logistics for supplies to Asia), a huge part of orders are placed at other factories (not owned by AcDelco) around the world, incl. in China and then simply packed in a blue box.
I have a package of spark plugs in my garage that I bought a few years ago at Rockauto just as a spare - these were made in China.

Of course, no one is safe from counterfeiting. This is the norm of our unscrupulous present, unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2023, 03:16 PM

Betting the AC Delco iridiums are not made in very many places. Prevailing lore is NGK makes them for GM.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:40 AM
geg

NGK is also a powerful brand...
In general, everything was mixed up, of course,
It is difficult to guarantee that the brand name on the packaging corresponds to the plant of this particular brand.
A couple of days ago in a car store I saw GM oil produced in Belgium, Germany and Russia. At the same time, I know that GM does not have its own production facilities in any of the listed countries.Three canisters stand side by side and the price is similar. And only Allah knows what’s inside.