Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Winter Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Okay here we go...who is going to get the traveling Long Distance trophy for Mid-American club members ??? Peoria, Green Valley...we haven't heard much from my great friend in Superior Wisconsin...Pizza, it has been a while since you rolled over here from Indiana to pick up a long distance trophy, where are you brother ?
Maybe we can get a long distance trophy for non-club members, because we are hoping to see some of our friends from quite a distance away...what do you say there TSCToy, we miss you guys and Bisho are you coming west again my friend?, Iceman, any of you guys from Minnesota feel like running south?
We will toss in a goodie bag and a 50/50 drawing, just for giggles...
Yes, Bishop is coming west. Hey, I should be at least semi-eligible for the long distance trophy, hell I'm only 875.12 miles away.

And for those there last year.... a 6 hour drive, mechanical problems, a 65 mile tow, a ride to Washington-Dulles, a transfer to Reagan National, a flight to O'Hare, an el ride in to the hotel, a terrific meet and greet with everyone, an equally bad flight back to DC, a bus ride over to Washington-Dulles, and a cab ride over to the dealership to pick up my car...
Old 01-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Glad to hear it Bish, I think that I can put together a non-member long distance trophy for the road warriors, I'll get to work on that tonight. I am glad to hear that you aremaking a return run...Good luck...seriously good luck and no repeats of last years troubles. Have a good run west my friend. I will provide a cell number and I am sure that Z will do the same so we can all keep in touch.
Pat
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 AM

All of you that would like to run up to Chicago together we can meet at the Hardees on NE. Adams (just before the Rt. 116 McCluggage Bridge) at 7:15-7:30 am, we will roll out at 7:30 and travel north, picking up Father57 and maybe Sowhat if they can go, then on north to 80 and pick up Oldschool and Breez near Princeton and on to the city.
Please contact me if you want to roll together and I will provide a cell number to allow us to keep in contact.
Pat
Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 PM

Okay everyone who is coming should remember to set their trip odometer to zero because I have a Long Distance trophy for the non-club members as well as the club members traveling trophy...I will also put together a small goodie bag for each participant and maybe even a couple of door prizes and a 50/50 drawing.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:27 AM

winter run

Well I hope that we can make this run in 08! The only problem is I have possibly fractured my radial bone in my right arm! In case you don't know that would be the elbow, I fell at work Tuesday morning and being the stubborn ass I am worked all day with the pain. Hey, I got my job done also got my ass chewed out by the doctor for not coming in earlier! Anyway I hope the finances are up for the trip, if not I will keep everyone posted.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:40 AM

Don
I know the feeling , My doctor call me last night to tell me that my Test results came back My right Leg has Torn Cartilage and a bad nerve that goes from my Back side down to my Leg and I need to have surgery. I wish you good luck.

Rudy
Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM

Okay I spoke with the local CarQuest Auto Parts store today and the discount coupons are for Friday only, so the World of Wheels site was correct...Sorry. The adult admission will be $16.00
I hope that both of you will be fine, take care...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Thanks Pat I will be there with Pain or no Gain, Nova said that he can pick me up on the way Down Town. Will See

Z
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 AM

4 days and a wake up to the WOW

See you all there

Z
Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 PM

In all seriousness since it doesnt go over 1,000mi, what if the trip odometer "rolls over"???

Quick Reply: Winter Run