Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

World of Wheels/Navy Pier-January 27th, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:35 AM

The novelty is a good draw for this group, if it was about the quality of the food we would just go someplace and cook as we have some pretty fair "hash slingers" in the group (you can see proof of that by the size of some of us)...hahaha. We can also check out the rest of the Navy Pier area if the weather doesn't suck and the number 1 reason for BillyGoat's...Z-Man suggested it !!! I have cruised Lake Shore Drive in other car events, very cool and I am fully aware that trying to roll Michigan Ave. would be tough because of the lights, but I am game for whatever anybody wants to try... Hey tsaints are you coming along, we would enjoy having you, we can always use new people in the group !!!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:01 PM

Please let me know the details of where to meet.Sounds like fun!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:20 PM

Chitown, hey dude the Peoria group is rolling out of Peoria east to
I-39 then north to pick up another member then up to I-80 to
i-55 to 41 north to McCormick... with a name like Chitown you gotta' be close so where are you and we can coordinate hooking up...Pat
Old 12-30-2006, 09:46 PM

Okay with the New Year Eve just a few hours away, I think it is safe to call the family time over the holidays complete !!! Let's do HHR stuff !!! Any of you suffering boredom and cabin fever (okay maybe not so mush because we have had really beautiful weather here...sorry Courthouse Deb ) it is time to prepare for the Winter Run from the Mid-Central region and Mid-American HHRs. We are meeting at The World of Wheels car show in the McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois on January 27, 2007. We will have a meeting of the members and others interested in the new club, Mid-American HHRs and then off to enjoy the show. We will then load up and roll over to Navy Pier and have chow at the famous and infamous Billy Goat's. There are even discounrt tickets for the car show avaliable at all Carquest autoparts stores...If you are interested contact me, Z-Man or Novadiecast for details. There are even plans for hooking up along the way to create a wicked caravan into the show !!! If you have rolled with this group before you know to expect a fun time and if you haven't, I dare you to come along and find out just how much fun that you can have with us in 2007 !!! Keep looking to us for charity runs, cruises and our seasonal runs in 2007 because we are gearing up to roll the midwest and more for 2007 !!!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:15 PM

World of Wheels just days away, My wife & I just had dinner with Novadiecast and SinyDix. Man what a night Great Fun and Great Food & great Friends. I think Nova & I gave her a good Mid-Central welcome along with stubby. He even had the name tag on the botton of his feet that was placed there in Oct 2006 at the BBQ we had. Man that stubby really gets around. She meaning Sindy will post the Pic's.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by tsaints1115
Your best bet is to go right up Lakeshore dr to the pier,nice views,more reasonable traffic. If you go up Michigan or State thru the Loop you`ll be broken up by lights long before you get there. Don`t forget the Dan Ryan is under construction from Halsted north.
Just offhand ,why did you chose to go to the BillyGoat? I know it`s famous but the burgers aren`t that great. The pier location isn`t much more than a cafeteria. If it`s the novelty ok but if it`s for food there`s lots better places in the same vicinity.
Hey were game if you have any Ideas, I know Navy Pier have every thing and it's the only place that I know were we can all meet and not freez out side we can also eat at Riva's The Dan Ryan id done for the season and its really nice I drive it every day, I am looking for Quality Time with every then cruise time. It's bad enough that we won't be able to all park together un less we all meet in one place then following each other in to the parking lot. So please Tsaints if you have any Ideas let us know Ideas are always welcome
the main thing is that we are get together on some quality time.

Z
Old 01-01-2007, 07:17 AM

I will wave on my way to Florida, Just look up about 9:17 am at the vapor trail headed south east.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Have a great trip Toms, we'll miss ya'...Unless there is a need to change from the Pier idea I am fully in support of the plan as it stands, it'll be a blast !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 PM

I just talked with my local CarQuest autoparts store and they have not received their discount tickets yet, but expect them by the end of the week. The manager wasn't sure but the discounts look like 5.00 bucks a head and for all three days of the show (The World of Wheels site says Friday night only and $4.00 bucks off so I will keep you posted...) Roll call time I am going...who else ???
Old 01-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Plans will not change at this late of a date, But thanks for the ideas.

Quick Reply: World of Wheels/Navy Pier-January 27th, 2007