Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

HHR Teazer High Profile Hood Scoop (Cowl Hood Scoop)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:39 AM

Nice!!!!

enough said...
Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 843de
Man if ever there was a hood scoop to make your heart go "Pitter Pat", and your knees get weak, its that one.

I'll be counting the days until Morticia is sporting her new look.

Its gonna be awesome!
Thanks, thats the way I felt the first time I saw it. I WANTED one!

After all the bad older posts on dealing with this shop in the past, I Hesitated a long time, kept searching out every single hood scoop I could find on the internet, and NOTHING was even close that would look as Nice on the HHR's Hood (IMO)

I finally decided to just go for it and see wtf happened, I Wanted it that bad to take the chance of never seeing my cash or the scoop.

Then when he said he could not email me pics of the scoop completed and ready to send, I backed off thinking it wasn't even made yet.

BAJATRAILRIDER (Larry) saw my post in another thread on hood scoops where I said that I wished I knew someone in Cali. near that shop to pick it up in person for me. Larry contacted me by PM, and I had replied and when he emailed me, he said he was leaving in 1 day to go to his second home in that area and he needed to know ASAP if I wanted him to pick it up.

The rest is now history as he has it and he hopes to get it to UPS for shipping on Saturday (Today).

Then he will let me know the cost of the shipping, and the scooop cost me $300.00.

Larry has paid for it all up front, he don't have paypal, I wanted to send him the cash the day he went to picked it up, as in he saw it, and called me saying it was ready, and he'd have the $300.00 before he even left the shop with it. Then send him the cost of UPS shipping once he found out how much it was gonna be to box and ship it.

He said don't worry, just sent it by postal money order once it's shipped and we know the total. Larry, and his wife have gone out of their way to help me out getting this, I really do appreciate all their effort to make Sure the scoop was ready and a good fit on a HHR Hood.

If he gets a chance to ship it on Saturday, I'll be at my local post office on Tuesday (will be closed on Monday) morning to send out his postal money order so he gets it ASAP.

Can't Thank them enough for helping me actually get it.

I would not have installed any other scoop except this one, so I can't wait for it to get here.

Now I gotta decide, start my custom subwoofer boxes, or start the hood scoop first?

I got all the needed materials for the subwoofer project, then I had to help my wife out and been working on her late fathers house getting it emptied and ready to sell, getting that work pretty much completed now, so Hopefully I can get back to my own Projects on Morticia here.

Her fathers passing was unexpected he was 84 but rode his bicycle twice daily up until he past away. He liked riding his bike around town daily, heck at 50 I would not have been able to keep up with him at 84 riding bikes.

I gotta also fix some dings and weld in some patches on the 2003 Chevy Venture, we bought it new, but the Salt has rusted out the lower rockers a couple metal patches welded in will fix it up and paint it up nice for her so it looks new again.

It's Black so easy to paint just the repaired panels and it will all Match once I buff the whole van out.

Projects are all over the place this year here. I Need 48 hours in a day!

Last edited by American & Proud; 05-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by jeff schaffer

enough said...

Thanks.

I Want your Doors dang it!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Rest In Peace

Larry called me earlier today as he wanted to get it shipped out to me today if he could. He went to UPS, it was about $213.00 to ship it to me, he held off and called me to get the OK, we are gonna look into shipping it some other way.

The guy at the UPS store said it was the Size not the weight, but Damn thats expensive.

I got a Business address I will give him and see how much that would lower the cost.

Anyone got any other shipping ideas on this???? I was expecting 100.00 or LESS.

I am gonna send the money for the scoop to Larry on Tuesday morning so he has that back and then we gotta figure out some other way to save on shipping it, or I will just have to bite the bullet and get it here.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:03 AM

Sometimes a moving company will let a box catch a ride. You can also cheek the local airlines and send it that way. Big box, not cheap
Old 05-27-2012, 04:50 AM

Try Greyhound. I guess they still ship... john BTW Nice Scoop!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Might be too big for Greyhound...
Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Rest In Peace

Drove Morticia to our local Post Office this morning. I had to get a Postal Money Order sent out to Larry (BAJATRAILRIDER) for the cost of the HHR Teazer High Profile Hood Scoop he picked up for me. He paid for it when he picked it up and told me to pay him later.

I wanted to get it paid for ASAP so I sent it out today after the holiday weekend and we are still figuring out the shipping, as soon as we have that figured I'll be able to send him the cost of the shipping.

He is looking into his Wifes work shipping it to a friend of mines mechanic shop. Her work (business) should have a shipping contract with a shipping carrier if they ship alot, and then shipping it to a Business here should help lower the cost.

US Parcel Post will only ship a box that is 103 Inches Total or less in size, guessing it at 48"x48"x 7" and at 15 pounds was around $98.00.

Larry thinks the box Ray has it in is a bit too small and no room for Padding the Corners so he is looking to rebox and pad it up some.

He hasnt said what the box size is yet that Ray supplied so I was just guessing and seeing what the Post Office would cost.

I emailed Larry asking for the Box Size so I can get some more Quoats on shipping it.

Hopefully soon we get it Done and I have it safely in my hands.

I too doubt greyhound would ship it as big as it is, but thanks for the idea guys.

Last edited by American & Proud; 05-31-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM

I will get you that box size.I know you wont sleep till you get it.We like our toys.BTR
Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member

A&P - if you are still not settled on shipping, check this site - it might help lower the cost for you - http://shippingsidekick.com/

Std disclaimer: I have no affiliation with http://shippingsidekick.com/ in any way - I just read it in a book

Quick Reply: HHR Teazer High Profile Hood Scoop (Cowl Hood Scoop)