Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Interior lights (mods??)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Technical Moderator

My old fart problem with the mirror buttons is forgetting to turn it off then laying my hand on the button.

I never noticed that the window buttons were backlit until someone here asked about them and everyone ran out to their cars to check. It may have been a model specific thing.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:48 PM

I found a mirror button - It says it is backlit (maybe mine has been always; but isn't working so it hasn't been lit up). The Mirror control didn't work when I bought it; so some unknowns there.
The part I found is a "Dorman-904-116" It says it fits a 06-10 Chevy Impala; but when you do a search to see if it also fits the HHR it says it does fit that also.
In my searching I found two different part numbers so I'm not sure which one I need (or if it matters) - ie maybe one replaced another??
The part numbers I found were 15261342 and 15261340....
I wanna get it ordered asap so I can get it in. Time is about to change and soon most all of my driving will be at night time; plus we have a 800 mile trip to take in a few weeks and most of that will be at night also.
I looked here on the HHR site in the "Parts Number" sticky and figured I'd for sure see the original oem part number. TONS of parts listed; but nothing for the mirror control.

How likely is it that all the mirror switch parts for 2007 HHR mirror control are the same?? I mean; you see a listed 2 door; 4 door; panel; wagon; 2.2L; 2.4L; etc...
I checked on the part at Advance auto and they said the part was a Dorman, but didn't give me the full number.
THANKS

Last edited by Chris_T; 10-21-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

This thread did start out regarding the window switches and lighting. Thus my reason for assuming that's what we were still talking about.

No matter. I just deleted my previous post to avoid any confusion.

Call a dealership for the MIRROR switch part #.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:24 PM

no no - it was my fault. If I'd of stated "mirrors" instead of windows in the post it would of been clear....
Anyway - no problems.
(I deleted mine after yours also)
Yeah the dealership would know but they were closed when i wrote; and I think the parts dept is closed for the week. I was just wanting to get it ordered so I could get it installed...
Old 10-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Technical Moderator

OK, gotta ask, why are you always fiddling with your outside mirrors?

I guarantee my back is worse than yours and I would regularly drive more than 300 miles a day, every day, the only time I ever adjust the outside mirrors is when some asshat with projector headlights is tailgating.

Have you tried a stick-on spot mirror? I can't drive without one anymore.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:44 AM

it's not that I'm fiddling with them - I guess I never said that that when I bought the car this switch was not working; and my mirrors have never been adjusted to where I can see properly. I'm always have to move my body around to 'see'.
I'm sure once I get them set I probably won't touch them again;.. but of course I have to get this fixed for that to happen.
I appreciate all the input.
I found the part # and in case anyone else needs one at some point down the line - a Dorman-904-116 is the correct part and I got one brand new on ebay for $22 including shipping.

NOW I got to see about getting my window buttons back lit so I can see them.