North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

GM Tonawanda Powertrain Auto Show - July 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Thumbs up Important Safety Message for GM Powertrain Show!

A good portion of us will be getting together on June 23rd, and this little message is on the entry forms, but just to let everyone else know:

If you're interested in showing at Tonawanda, the Tri-Five Auto Club requires that all entrants have an up-to-date fire extinguisher in their cars. This stems from an incident a few years ago when one of the entrants had a spontaneous electrical fire during the show. So basically, if you're planning on showing with us, you'll need to pick up an extinguisher. Just a head's up.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the info, DC. Does it have to be mounted or can it just be somewhere in the car? Are there ones specifically made for autos? I've never been in any kind of car show (other than model cars) so I'm clueless on this.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 PM

Doesn't say specifically that it needs to be mounted or not. As far as type, just a small ABC extinguisher should be sufficient. If you have a chance, come down to my store today and I can set you up with one, I've got five of 2 varying sizes behind me, I'll set ya up.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:19 PM

I'll try to get down there today.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:33 PM

Cool Tonawanda Entry Forms Submitted - POST HERE.

Most of us are going to get entry forms for the show on June 23rd when we have our Falls GTG, but for those who might have already sent in entries, post here if you have. (All those from out of state or who won't make it to the Falls who want to enter, send a PM to BlackHHR06, he who is in possession of the entry blanks.)
Old 06-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Entry Form & Fire Extinguisher information

Desert Coyote
I have already submitted my application, Also I bought a Fire Extinguisher today at Walmart, It's a B C Fire Extinguisher for Automobiles, It's good for putting out Electrical Fires & Flamable Liquids. It costs $ 9.97
Don
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Docwylie
I hope we can do this again sometime...maybe at a local "Cruise Night" somewhere in WNY...and definitely at the Powertrain Show in August. Is there some way we can set it up so that we can display our rides together at the show?
This question came up in the Niagara Falls thread, and since we can start planning on this one ...

We can probably find out from Tri-Five if they'll put like-models together. Otherwise, the suggestion I was going to make was to convoy to the plant together. The most logical point, IMHO, to start out from would be K&S Performance on River Road: from there, it's a left and then a straight shot to the plant.

(Kind of an ulterior motive: maybe if K&S sees enough HHR's in their lot, maybe they'll realize that it might behoove them to start either carrying parts for us or get some better suppliers: f/i, the only intakes they can get are the K&N and Airaid ones, and they hadn't even heard of CGS.)

Anyway, just a bit of a thought to chew on.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:51 PM

DC
Sounds like a good idea
If you want I can call the Lady that we send the entry fee to and ask Her if the HHR'S can all park together? This way if we go to the Plant in a convoy as you suggested hopefully we can park together in a row.
If i'm the one that calls Her approx. how many HHR'S will there be? attending the Engine Plant event in August.
Looking forward to your reply.
Don
Old 06-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Count me in! I'll be at the show and will be sending my entry form tomorrow morning.

I'm in favor of the idea of convoying in together to claim an area where we can park together. I'm wondering of we can call ourselves the HHR Club of WNY to give us a little clout? Can we set up any of those pop-up shelters where we're parked? I've got a 10' x 10' one and I'm sure others might also. It'd be nice to have a shady place to sit when we're not out scoping out the other cars (plus a place to park a cooler or two).
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Don Battista
DC
Sounds like a good idea
If you want I can call the Lady that we send the entry fee to and ask Her if the HHR'S can all park together? This way if we go to the Plant in a convoy as you suggested hopefully we can park together in a row.
If i'm the one that calls Her approx. how many HHR'S will there be? attending the Engine Plant event in August.
Looking forward to your reply.
Don
At present, based on the most recent interest list, we have 10 HHR's.

Desert Coyote (NY)
HHR Forever (not HHR, NJ)
Applenut (PA)
Don Battista (NY)
captain howdy (NY)
fastsuv (NY)
Chicago (ONT)
Bertland (QC)
Hellraisehr (NY)
BlackHHR06 (NY)
Docwylie (NY)

This doesn't include any of our Canadian friends from Saturday who I think all got entry forms (jerrbear, the shmoo, banditt90) or bigallis1, who I think got one as well.
Any corrections to this list, please let me know.

Quick Reply: GM Tonawanda Powertrain Auto Show - July 2007