North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

October Letchworth Park Color Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM

Hey thanks Doc!

I would hope to come to one of these events soon, of course. You all seem a cool bunch of folks, the Lechworth ones seem very nice and since I am a camera freak it would be awesome. As long as my schedule allows you can count me in!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM

That'd be great, Fizz. We haven't yet had a Summit White HHR to round out our panorama of HHR's..and I do want to examine that road-kill mod for future reference!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:42 PM

Updated Head Count

As of right now, here is our head count!

Desert Coyote
BlackHHR06
Don Battista (probable)
enri9267
NY HHR
DocWylie
the shmoo
bigallis1
DIRTMAN9
da_dad66
Fizzwood

Looking forward to hearing back from Brian and Don Battista regarding our times and such for the run. I guess we plan on $6/car entry fee.

Fizzwood, you're absolutely more than welcome to come along. Keep us posted on your schedule and such.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:05 PM

Smile Cruise Recon Mission #1

Here goes we took a slow ride from Clarence NY. Headed east to Batavia, traveled RT 63 to RT 36 to MT Morrise. Made our pit stop at our meeting place, McDonalds. Return trip to the park enterance is a mear 1.3 miles. As your entering the park your greated by Mr. Ranger with his hand out for the six bucks to get past his check point.
We traveled .7 tenths of a mile when we came upon the park store and a great over look view of the gourge. (We are thinking this would make a great pint for a photo shoot) Just hope we can get all the HHR's lined up ( I just don't think we can ask the front row of HHR's to kneel down) LOL
As we traveled on we spoted several stops were you can over see the gorge but I don't think you can really get good shots. We went another 4 - 5 miles and low and behold we spotted an HHR in the parking lot to our left, I just had to drive in and leave my calling card under the wiper. WWW.Chevyhhr.net with a big welcome from Blackhhr06. Well back to the scouting. Spotted several deer feeding in the woods as we went towards the southern end enterance. Here we made a big U turn and headed back the way we came in.
Not much to report on the return trip towards MT Morris enterance. But I will make mention that the leaves are already starting to turn colors, I surely hope there will be some great color left on the 20th ? Several other notes we made: park drive is just short of 17 miles one way, there were more side roads that we did not venture down away from the gorge view. A quick drive by the Glen Iris you could see the perfect white table cloths on tables on the outside deck, we both thought of one thing $$$ for a meal. As we exited the park back onto RT 36 you could see the #1 choice resturant. I'm drawing a blank on the name right now ??????
OK, time frame, from North Tonawanda it took me one 1 1/2 hours by the way of RT5, 63 & 36. I think everyone can check out Mapquest.com or WWW.AAA.com for there driving distance's and travel time.
Hope this gives everyone an idea of what to expect. Almost for got, I made mention of a photo shot by the old train tressel. I think that is out as the trail was closed today..
Scout 1 & 2 reporting back

Last edited by BlackHHR06; 09-27-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM

If you're trying to point them to this site, it's .net
Old 09-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Scouting Things

OPPS. I ment .NET
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Bump

BUMP!
Here is our head count!

Desert Coyote
BlackHHR06
Don Battista (probable)
enri9267
NY HHR
DocWylie
the shmoo
bigallis1
DIRTMAN9
da_dad66
Fizzwood

Sounds like an hour and a half is reasonable for this trip for the Buffalo folks, so let's come up with a meeting place for us to head over to Mt. Morris, somewhere close to Rte. 5. A good halfway place might be near Buffalo State, there's a lot of parking lots close to campus where we could form up fairly well. Any thoughts?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 AM

What time & where do we all want to meet, as a central gathering point?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Smile Meeting Point from Buffalo Area

How about Tesso's Pizza Place on RT 5 (Main St) just before Clarence dip on the right side ? Let's say 10AM.
I figure going RT5 to Batavia to RT 63 to RT36 into Mt Morise, past park enterance to Micky D's ? Should take just over an hour. If we all get to 1st meeting stop on time. But if a little later we still have time.

Any other comments ???
Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 PM

Smile Rochester & East

Erni9267, maybe you can lead the gang down from Rochester to Mt Morrise Micky D's ????

Quick Reply: October Letchworth Park Color Run