Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

My HHR was Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Sorry about your HHR. Gald to hear you're okay.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by PinkChick
Ouch! I'm also a silver owner in Calgary. We're multiplying...lol. Sorry about your car. I've got three tiny paint chips in my driver door and I'm upset, I think I'd be in tears for days if that happened to my baby. Glad you weren't hurt bad and hopefully all goes well with the insurance.
Hey Pink, it is sad to see the little guy get busted up. It's been a fun ride. At least my HHR had that one night of fun with your silver playmate at the theatre

It will be interesting to see if they choose to fix it or write it off. I do like getting new things so a new ride would be exciting.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Dude, that bites!

I find alot of people in Calgary are purchasing licences rather than passing a drivers test.

Glad your OK.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Hey Pink, it is sad to see the little guy get busted up. It's been a fun ride. At least my HHR had that one night of fun with your silver playmate at the theatre

It will be interesting to see if they choose to fix it or write it off. I do like getting new things so a new ride would be exciting.
I thought that was you!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM

Update: Talked to my insurance company this morning, the dealerships body shop has finally done an appraisal and is going to start working on it within a day or two. Their initial estimate is about $6900 and it's not a complete loss at this point. I was out this weekend looking for a replacement vehicle and have really been struck by the 2004 Land Rover Discovery or a 2005/06 Land Rover LR3. I was hoping they might consider it a total loss and maybe once they really start to tearing into it they will bump up the initial estimate.

At least it's good to know that they will finally start working on it because seeing it sitting in the same spot since the accident has been a little bit of a let down.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident!!! The most important thing is that no one was injured.

At first glance, $6900 looks like a lot of money to fix a car. Back in Feb 2002, I had a 2-year-old Hyundai Elantra that got hit from behind. That repair was $8936. The owner of body shop said that when he saw my car come in on the flatbed, he thought for sure that the insurance company would write it off as a complete loss. Well, they fixed the car and I ended up keeping it for another 2 or so years until some of the new body work started to show in a few places, that was when I sold it for a new Impala in ’05. The initial repair looked great and it drove like it had never been in an accident. No abnormal tire wear or alignment problems after the wreck.

With the state-of-the-art equipment that most body shops have today to straighten frames, your car should be as close to new as can be expected. That is, if it needs to be straightened.

Good luck and keep us informed of the progress of the repairs.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 PM

I took a little stroll over to the dealership this morning to check on car. They showed me the car and they had to cut the doors apart from the accident and they have also cut the skin off the doors. He went over all the damage with me and what needs to be fixed and replaced.

He said they are still dealing with the insurance company as to whether or not to start the repair. The body shop is holding off at this point because they are pushing pretty hard to have the vehicle written-off. He said it will be quite a bit more than the $7,000 initially quoted (based on just a visual inspection.)

Things sure do take a long time when dealing with insurance companies. I might still be able to get a Land Rover if the HHR goes to the junk yard but the Land Rover I initially looked at has been sold.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Get a 5 Speed SS , You'll thank me later. glad your ok, that was a hit.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM

calgary, unless you wanted the Rover for the nameplate and associated recognition, just get a 2009 Subaru Forester. Good fuel economy for an AWD and surprisingly capable off-road. Go to Youtube and search 2009 Forester to see some off-roading videos of it.

Only if you were planning on getting away from HHR's though. Otherwise, do as mentioned above and get an HHR SS.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Well, I won't be getting a Land Rover at this point. The insurance company has decided to fix the damage and the parts are starting to come in. I might have my car back by the end of this month.

I only wanted a Land Rover because of the presence it has as well as the interior comfort. It's also an extremely capable vehicle off road but I would really only use that a few times (other than my trips to the ski hill where AWD/4WD helps sometimes.)

I'll live with the HHR for a few more years.

Quick Reply: My HHR was Wrecked