Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

08 hhr rcdlr

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 AM
bhs

08 hhr rcdlr

I am looking for the location of the RCDLR in my 08 HHR. The TPMS and key FOB functions have stopped working after jumping a dead battery. Local dealer said it was a defective receiver and didn't even try to revive/wake up the receiver.

They told me the RCDLR was in the drivers door but after tearing the door apart it's not there. Can't seem to locate the fuse for it either. If I can locate the receiver I can pull the plug from it to hopefully power cycle it and therefore wake it up. Any help out there please???
Old 05-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

Courtesy of a previous post by db/sb (found via the SEARCH tool at the top of the page):

From the 2006 manual:
Quote:

Remote Control Door Lock Receiver

Procedure
•The module is secured to the seat back cushion latch bracket with three integral tabs, pull away from the bracket to remove.
•Disconnect the electrical connector.
•Reprogram the remote control door lock module after installation. Refer to Control Module References .

From the 2008 manual:
Quote:

Remote Control Door Lock Receiver

Procedure
•Disconnect the electrical connector.
•Unsnap the receiver from the roof front header panel.

Perhaps the change was made when the 2 way remote became optional in 2007.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all you are wanting to do is kill the power to the module, why not just disconnect the neg post on the battery instead?
Old 05-06-2015, 11:04 AM

The shop manual is WRONG!!!!!!
The RCDLR lives under the bump in the headliner next to the mirror.

Ask your GM tools to look up the TSB Re 2008 HHR needing the thing Re programmed after a dead battery.

They will need to Re install the firmware in the computer.

I know, I have been exactly there. Mr Goodwrench tore my car apart looking for it.

The TSB is on this site. Look in the TSB thread, I can't do it right now.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:39 AM

Here is the tsb. I had to have this tsb done to my 08 hhr.

#08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 2008)

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2® could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:11 AM

The Service adviser will probably get testy with you if you wave a TSB in his/her face. I had to make a big enough scene to get the Service Manager's attention. And then you will have to wait for the tech to figure out how to use the Tech2 for anything besides clearing codes.

They are not going to do it for free.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
The shop manual is WRONG!!!!!!
The RCDLR lives under the bump in the headliner next to the mirror.
Isn't that what the second part of whopper's post says in the quote under "From the 2008 manual"? (...the roof front header panel)
Old 05-07-2015, 11:57 AM

Yes.
But I stated it also.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:09 PM

Then the shop manual isn't wrong, at least, not in this case.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 PM

Mitchell is wrong, the copy I have anyway. The manual my local Chevy dealer uses is wrong. If Mitchell is wrong I suspect All Data is also.