Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Anti Freeze smell after sitting overnight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM

You know mine has had a smell since November the dealer says OH we smell it but can't find the problem, wtf. They ran the dye thru it and did all that stuff and still say they can't find the problem. Either they are screwing with me or they are dumb. It may not be dangerous to smell but for a new car to have this smell and they can't fix it I have a problem with that. Not to mention my kids ride with me all the time and they smell it and I just don't like that.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by vschriver
You know mine has had a smell since November the dealer says OH we smell it but can't find the problem, wtf. They ran the dye thru it and did all that stuff and still say they can't find the problem. Either they are screwing with me or they are dumb. It may not be dangerous to smell but for a new car to have this smell and they can't fix it I have a problem with that. Not to mention my kids ride with me all the time and they smell it and I just don't like that.
Have you checked the interior air filter? It might not be antifreeze but the smell of a wet filter formenting bugs.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 AM

It is a sweet smell like anti-freeze. They said it was also but just don't know where it is coming from. I'll have to look at my paperwork they just ordered me something not sure if it was the filter. I made the comment on warm days (we had a few this winter) I got a musty smell in the car from the vents. They checked and said something got wet and I had to replace it but it would $$$ me. I'll have to check now what that was, I haven't put it in yet.