Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Driver Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by wmsburghhr
Later --Locks still slightly slow in locking or unlocking but here is the weird thing, when I shift in and out of Park, the locks operate real fast. Only slow when when using remote or pressing the lock button on the door on exit. Just had a friend in the starter/alt rebuild business do a load test on the Battery and no problem there. Ghosts and Gobblins
Can you check the wiring diagram to see if the park neutral locking system, is on a different relay than the key fob door switch lock? If it is, then a bad relay could be your issue.
See how its wired, then maybe you could swap a relay as a test.....
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 AM

thanks to search found this. this is also very irritating phenomenom at our 2008 model hhr (built late 2007).i lubed all locks and they seemed to be working better now. but i have to look closely with sharp knife and enlarge those tight knob holes. thanks for this topic! wanted to bump it up i am sure many have same problem.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by A Crazy Canuck
Can you check the wiring diagram to see if the park neutral locking system, is on a different relay than the key fob door switch lock? If it is, then a bad relay could be your issue.
See how its wired, then maybe you could swap a relay as a test.....
The schematic does not show the circuit board or the neutral switch. Have been looking closer at the schematic. I assume (we know what the means) the relays are the small type which are soldered onto the logic circuit board. All 3 relays seem to be interconnected as to if they receive power to lock or unlock the doors and receive power from the logic board , actually the logic board seems to ground the coil side of the relay which then closes the internal contacts in the relay thus allowing 12v from the Fuse #26 directly to the actuator in the door. I sort of wonder if there is a ground wire that is slightly oxidized at the body connection point. I may just have to accept the fact it is slowing down with age just as I have slowed down in my senior yrs.

update: playing with wire harness that goes into the driver door (boot by the hinges), locks seem to be more responsive but not perfect yet.

Last edited by wmsburghhr; 10-18-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 AM

Remote door opening

Lately my '09 LT has developed a remote door opening problem,when I hit the OPEN button on the fob the door doesn't unlock and I have to do it manually,the remote start feature and the panic button work fine.Any suggestion?Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 AM

i am sorry i have no cure to You Luisan, just to eaze the pain; i had that phenomenom, now during COLD weather (between 20F down to 0F= -20Celcius) it has been working like it should!
i have enlarged slightly the knobs area, but just slightly, and it did not help in the beginning, but now door locks work better. no idea why.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by finnhhr
i am sorry i have no cure to You Luisan, just to eaze the pain; i had that phenomenom, now during COLD weather (between 20F down to 0F= -20Celcius) it has been working like it should!
i have enlarged slightly the knobs area, but just slightly, and it did not help in the beginning, but now door locks work better. no idea why.
Thanks for the info,I'll try to slightly enlarge the area around the knob and I will also order the remote fix that another member suggested(keylessfix.com) it's inexpensive and worth a try.