Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 PM

Traction control

I HAD A SHOP I TRUST AND HAD IT SCANED TOOK ABOUT 45 MINUTES, A LOT OF CODES HA SAID THE TRACTION CONTROL WAS NOT ON, BUT DID SHOW OVER 20,000 MISSFIRES I HAD INSTALLED THE E3 SPARK PLUGS ABOUT 12,000 MILES AGO BOUGHT NEW DELCO IRIANDIUM PLUGS WILL INSTALL TOMORROW MORNING, AFTER HE DELETED ALL THE CODES FRIVING HOME AND AROUND TOWN A BIT NO ENGINE LIGHT OR TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT AND NO HARD SHIFTING, IT COST ME $25.00 WELL WORTH IT, HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

P0010 code and Traction control light/Hard shifting etc.

I too have had the P0010 code thrown along with the Engine Check and Traction Control lights lit. I ended up replacing both of the Camshaft Postition Actuator Solenoids which are located on the top of the valve cover, under the air cleaner housing.

Here is a link to a description of the process involved in changing out the solenoids - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/camshaft-position-actuator-solenoid-valve-replacement-w-pics-p0010-11-p0013-14-a-28779/
Old 03-28-2010, 12:15 PM
alg

Originally Posted by alg
UPDATE:

We have had the traction control problem for over 18 months with no resolution.

. . .

They replaced the cam sensor and one fuel injector.

I assume the Traction Control problem will start up again in a week or so, but I will keep everyone updated.
UPDATE on the UPDATE:

We got a CEL on Thursday: P1174 "Fuel Trim Cylinder Balance".
On Saturday the car died on the freeway. It appeared all electrical suddenly went out. Put car in neutral and coasted to the shoulder.
Car restarted and made it home.
Going back to the service department on Monday.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 PM

did this solve the problum as Im abnout to order the parts that you installed, great write up on installing, thanks very much.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:36 PM

Thumbs down cam sensors

I replaced both the intake and the exhaust still doing the same hard shifting, i guess i will have to buy the scanner next week, I talked the local chevy dealer here they dont give a damn and he just walked off, now I know why I have never had a chevy and had to go to a dealer this is my last one.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM

its running better more pep but if i punch it the hard shifting comes back but once i shut it off it returns to normal, will have it scaned to see what to do next.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Thumbs up tc light and engine light.

changed both solanoidsover a week now runs great more power and idles so quiet you dont know its running.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 PM

Im glad to see people are getting this figured out. I know it scared the heck out of me because I rely on this car way too much.
Im still going strong and now just need to replace the motor mount, just gotta track down the right one.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Angry

Our HHR with nearly 97k miles started pulling this prank yesterday (T/C light, Check Engine light, very rough shifting). I took it straight to the shop to have it checked out. Chevy dealer repair tech says it's the Camshaft Actuator Solenoid that has failed. He also said that new plugs and a fuel system flush (never had them done before) will help as the engine was idling rough and that can contribute to the traction control system shutting off. I was planning to have those maintenance items done anyway. Looks like it's going to cost me nearly $500 to get it back, but they're giving us a loaner (that was completely unexpected) and they guarantee their work. This is the first Chevy I've owned in many years - bought it new in August 2005 - and it's been the most reliable one I've ever owned. I guess it was time for a problem.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 AM

If youve had the T/C light and hard shifting issue and replaced both sensors and it still feels a bit rough when shifting from park to a drive gear. Get uder the front end and look at you front motor mount. Its round and the middle is all rubber.
I dealt with the shifting for a while(I let it go too long) and my front mount is broke. The rubber has split inside if the metal housing.
Its feels kinda clunky when shifting out of park but smooth while shifting while driving.

Quick Reply: Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011