Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Headlight & turn signal indicator connectors severed from tire blow out :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Headlight & turn signal indicator connectors severed from tire blow out :(

So my 2007 had a recent blow out, yeah as we all know, that sucks. Well although the structural damaged from the high speed blow out wasn't bad I still have a major problem I'm having trouble getting fixed. When the tire blew and from the shrapnal (sp? Sorry on my phone) started to fly it took out the lining on my front right side wheel well, and cut the wire connections to the headlight and turn signal. Took it to the dearlership since I thought they might have the parts on hand to fix it gave me a quote of $400 to fix it, ouch !! Yes my insurance will cover some of the damage BUT I have a $500 deductible AND they said it would be a few weeks before it would even be able to get the part(s) which cost like $50 for the 2 little plastic plugs and internal connector for the turn signal. I think I can handle making the connections with sauter but I can't get the parts. Also right now I can't drive at night, which is really lame, especially in Vegas. Can anyone help me please??!??!
Old 04-16-2010, 12:43 AM

If you're electrically inclined, you could just go to your local auto parts store, buy a replacement pigtail for your headlight and one for the turn signal and just solder them in
Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 AM

Pigtails

Any Delco supplier can get(probably won't stock) pigtails for any GM wiring harness. The switch on my Tahoe's transfer case corroded and you could get the switch anywhere, but the pigtail was only available at an authorized Delco parts distributor. It wasn't cheap (25-30 bucks), but beat any other alternative. Other than that, HHRs are very popular and I am sure your local recycling center(junkyard) probably has one. Good luck!