Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

HELP!!! brakes mushy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by whopper
What is the post about? Are you asking for further help or advice?

About all I can add is, if the ABS was working, you would have felt it, and HEARD it - so I have to assume that the ABS is NOT working.
The difference in the wear of the brake pads: nothing to worry about, the difference is pretty minimal, and can be caused by dirty calipers, guide pins and anything else the edge of the pads contact.

and if you used another QUART of brake fluid......... you really need to take it to a shop - using a quart (now what, 1.5 GALLONS?) is way out of line - you are doing something seriously wrong - you need to read the posts in this thread.

I'm out.
"The difference in the wear of the brake pads: nothing to worry about" I say the caliper piston is not retracting like it should causing uneven pad wear.
The amount of brake fluid that has been used was to flush out the system. That's the way I read it.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Technical Moderator

That's what I meant by "incredibly bad".
Oh yeah, the pads were about 20,000 miles past their life. If the groove is gone the pads are worn out. Once they go that far comparing inner and outer is kind of worthless.