Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Interior Water Leak Passenger Side Lake

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 01:29 PM

Interior Water Leak Passenger Side Lake

First,

I'd like to Thank all who posted or replied to Posts regarding the various water interior water leaks. Your advice saving me a great amount of time, Than You !

Naturally this is the Wettest Month in decades in Portland OR, over 10 inches this month. And I left the Panel outside on the worst night, after filling the cargo bay with re-recyclables..

The next Morning I stepped into the panel to find a flood on the passenger side.

The leak was not under the Cowl nor the Sunroof. Both were dry with some Fir tree needles which i vacuumed up.

The leak was the Rubber bellows for the passenger A Pillar door wiring harness. The Top portion of the seal was not sealed against the body A pillar. I did notice that the rubber bellows had a slight wrinkle in the sealing edge. This leads me to believe that this bellow was never properly installed at the GM Factory.

The plastic retaining ring inside the bellows "locking tab" would not latch and secure the bellows in place. I've not seem a retaining ring like this particular piece. And since its cold,, raining hard and my '56 Chevy Coupe in in my only work garage.

I parked the my Panel in a small detached garage and taped up the bellow for now. I also made a water gutter with the painters tape on the top of the door hinge, similar to the oem rubber seal on my '56 A pillar.

Next Spring I'll deal with this bellows. I'm not going to pull the door to fix this bellows, so the black hard plastic retaining ring will most likely be eliminated. The bellows isn't leaking now and the panel is always parked in a garage.

Thanks again for all the info in previous posts...

Michael....
Attached Images    
Old 12-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Administrator

I would point that rain trough the other direction like so
Attached Thumbnails Interior Water Leak Passenger Side Lake-image.jpeg