Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

my door FELL OFF!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Deceased

Just FWIW, before you sign anything, agree to anything, accept any offers, agree to trade in your current HHR...please have your attorney look things over. If you do decide to accept their trade in offer, I would make sure that there is a proviso requiring your current vehicle to be scrapped. I hate to call for sending an HHR to the crusher, but there is a very good chance yours will just get its title washed and be back in the hands of some other unsuspecting person.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Yes, but there has to be some that are scrapped, so we fellow HHRians can have the scrap parts for when something happens to us! So in a sense, the car won't be scrapped, but reused all over the country!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de
Just FWIW, before you sign anything, agree to anything, accept any offers, agree to trade in your current HHR...please have your attorney look things over. If you do decide to accept their trade in offer, I would make sure that there is a proviso requiring your current vehicle to be scrapped. I hate to call for sending an HHR to the crusher, but there is a very good chance yours will just get its title washed and be back in the hands of some other unsuspecting person.
X 2 !!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame.

edit: Hope everything works out for the OP. & this doesn't sour ya on HHRs'..
Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 843de

I agree 100% on this.....^^^^^^
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 PM

We bought a brand new HHR and some time later, I noticed chipping from gravel on the bottom of the rear door and when I returned it to the dealer he said apparently they forgot to put the vinyl protector on here when they repainted the door. WHAT??? Sure enough, you could see the paint finish on that door was orange peeled and just not equivalent to the factory finish. We hadn't noticed it before that. NO RECORD anywhere of when this happened or where. It was just like that. Oh well... I realize this is relatively minor but when you buy a NEW car you expect it hasn't been violated in some way. Hope the original poster gets the situation resolved with their previously wrecked car.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 AM

Yeah, my Grandpa had a '95 Caprice he bought new, and you could tell the hood had already been repainted. You just never know...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by silverbelle09
its ohio mud theres not a scratch on it when its clean . my attorney did find a salvage title in ny . informed the dealer we are waiting to hear back from the dealer now
Originally Posted by donbrew
I did not read the entire thread, but I think this may help. I bought a "Certified" used HHR from my local Chevy dealer and a year later I got rear ended, when I went to the insurance guy to complain about the bad repairs, he said "previous damage" CarFax said "now we have an updated report". Well my letter to the owner of the dealership actually got a response and butt-kissing, but nothing real. A complaint to the Better Business Bureau got a check for $700 (the "premium" for "Certified") within 3 days.

CarFax ONLY reports what has been repaired by insurance companies, and that may take years to happen. CarFax can be useful, but does not guarantee ANYTHING.

If the dealer will not make you happy then go to the BBB, the dealer really cares about that.
But if you look at CARFAX website, even on their sample report. It states...

GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. Register | View Terms
View Terms - lists a bunch of stuff, and a big list of TO DOs that you would have to go thru.

I didn't read the fine print but it is a bold statement of buying it back. I would imagine a salvage NY title should warrant it enough. However...

Originally Posted by silverbelle09
no they wernt happy when the value took a 5k nosedive after they found out the car was financed for 11k and worth 6k the bank dont like it on the plus side the dealer swears they didnt know they went with the carfax like i did and they are kissing butt like i just walked thru a chapstick factory. they offered to trade up to a 08 lt2 in tan with 40k and carry the 100k warranty or a grey 10 lt1 with 29k going to look tommorow
If the dealership is going to work out a better deal for you anyway. Just let them do it for you, save yourself the legal battle. With the exception of makings sure the dealer isn't trying to pull a fast one on you.

As far as the next guy on belle. Make sure the carfax is updated and then don't worry about it.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 PM

update my bank has agreed to cancel my contract and refinance me on the 07lt1 i have been driving since the bank told the dealer to "park it". the 07 has 45k vs the 29k on mine however they have agreed in writing to new brakes,tires,synthetic oil change, tune up and the extended 10 year 100k warranty at no additional charge my payment is going down 30 bucks which is nice my wife and have had title searches done on the 07 all clean had the car checked by 2 other dealers body shops no body damage or signs of repair . based on the advice here i have reported the damage to the ohio dmv and carfax so it will show up now so if they (or when they) fix it the next owner will know.i have looked over the engine and driveline runs good no leaks just a small vacumn hose needed replaced on the cruise
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Deceased

It sounds like you have reached an agreeable settlement silverbelle, its sad you had to go through such an ordeal, but you did all the right things. Glad to hear you chose another HHR, and that this one has been well vetted. When you get a chance post some pics of your replacement ride so we can check it out.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member

Yes agreed, what an ordeal..

Maybe you can also be sure you are getting Premium tires, since you are in a better position at this point.. Doesn't hurt to see..

fwiw..

Quick Reply: my door FELL OFF!