Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Noisy roof (headliner)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

Granted the members are having some problems with their cars. But, your comfort should be from the thought....most dealers are NOT doing the repair correctly. So, you have a "crappy" dealer also.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:02 PM

Oh, I'm well aware of my crappy dealer. This is the third, and final, car I've purchased from them.

What, may I ask, is the correct way to carry out this particular repair? It'd be nice to know so I can once again inform the repairs department at the dealership how to do their job.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
jx3

Why not try the service of another dealer?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

Man, I would really like to help you, lopper.....being from AZ and all. But, your probelms are hard to diagnose by way of computer.....and COULD be much different than others who responded here.

I guess, if you still have the problem after 3 attempts at repairs, I would call the Chev. Customer Service, in the back of your owners book, and issue a formal complaint. However, be prepared....they are more of a "mellowing" or intermediary group, than someone who is really functional. But, they will lodge your complaint to the dealer, which SOMETIMES, provides more concern and activity. Also, the dealers don't want service complaints to "stack up". Somehow GM penalizes them for this.

The only other thing I can suggest is to use a different dealer.....mine is Brown & Brown, downtown Mesa. So, far I have no complaints, but who knows???

If you want....PM me with APPROXIMATELY where you live. Maybe we can get together.....while one drives and another looks for the problem, sometimes provides valid results. Oh, not to worry...I'm not a sicko psycho
Old 12-12-2006, 10:27 AM

Looper,
My headliner also rattles and drives my wife CRAZY.The velcro is easy to get to with the sunroof open. I plan on taking the velcro pieces out cleaning the glue off, put them back then use some liquid nails and sticking the tube into the headliner and applying. My wife wanted me to take it back the dealer fearing the void of the warrenty but I'm a person who will fix it if I can, that way I know it's done right.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:28 PM

no sunroof in mine, and my headliner drives me crazy. Dealership tried to fix it once with no luck. ill bring it back when i bring it in to have the door panel replaced.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 PM

Me Too

I also have the noisy headliner. IT's driving me nuts! I brought it back once so far with no luck. I'm bringing it back again next week. It just this little ticking sound right above my head. If I reach up and just lightly hold the rails, the noise stops. I have wedged foam rubber, gum erasers, wooden shims, rags, and othe various pc's of crap up there in an attempt to stop the noise. Not much luck. This noise is not always present. It seems to happen more when the car is cold and not out in the sun. I'm afraid it will be silent when I bring it in. GRRR.....
Old 08-24-2007, 03:49 PM

OK so has anyone had any luck fixing the head liner rattle yet. Mine just started doing it and it driving me nuts. But before I take it all apart I just wanted to see if anybody had a cure.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 PM

Ours does not have a sunroof, the driverside was rattling, the dealer fixed it and said a support inside came loose, now passanger side needs done
Old 11-11-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by GuitHHR
OK so has anyone had any luck fixing the head liner rattle yet. Mine just started doing it and it driving me nuts. But before I take it all apart I just wanted to see if anybody had a cure.

take it to the dealer is the best bet...

took mine (sunroof) and it was fixed within the day...the problem is the velcro things that hold it up

mine is doing it again, very slightly but still... it sux...i had never seen a headliner held up with velcro...maybe they should rethink that

what sux too is when it does go silent...when i first took mine in they were like i dont hear anything...then they took it out like a couple more times and i think they said well lets try it on a bumpy road, and of course it happend...

Quick Reply: Noisy roof (headliner)